Finishing position 2022/23 poll

Where do you think we’ll finish at the end of this season?

• 1st or 2nd - automatic promotion

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 3rd to 6th - play offs

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • 7th to 9th

Votes: 47 37.3%
  • 10th to 15th

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • 16th to 21st

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 22nd to 24th - relegated

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On paper this division doesn't look as strong and competitive as previous ones but it's still a tough league all the same. As long as we can keep in the top half we'll have a chance come the run in. Can Rowett better himself and improve our position by two/ three places? That's the question for me, it's how we approach certain games.

We arguably have a better side, should be less reliant on one player and also less predictable. Those things could give us an advantage should we hit the ground running. The opposite will see doom and goom on social media, there was hints of that during and afters Saturdays monetized training match. It's understandable to agree but also a bit premature and serves no purpose if that mood is displayed at matches. We must get and stay behind the team if want to improve on last seasons effort.

I've heard and seen plenty of talk about promotiom, automatic promotion, lots of things have to click for that to happen plus a large dose of something we don't have, lady luck. That mindset for me personally is more than likely to end in disappointment. I'll remain optimistic by hoping for a top six finish, the realist in me will just want us to stay in the league.

It's the hope that kills you.

Last edited:
Last season he predicted us to be 6th and his 1,2,3,4 were Fulham, Sheffield United, Bournemouth and WBA. At that point Ismael was at WBA, Jokanovic was at Sheffield United and Cooper was not even appointed at Forest

The computer says 8th.

Not sure about that computer. Burnley have a thin squad already and McNeil will go. They've lost their three 1st choice defenders, their keeper and striker.

Norwich are a safer prediction.

Huddersfield fans are up in arms about the manager going and the chairman being a dick.

Sheff Utd are a good side as are Boro.

West Brom 9th???

Swansea could be dark horses.

Not a vintage division and very even. Up for grabs.

I'd be slightly disappointed if we didn't make the Play-offs; what were we off them last year a couple of extra wins,; 2/3 of those draws turned into 3pts? Squad looks stronger; young lads like Danny & Billy have another invaluable season's experience; possibly a bit more creativity in midfield and Afobe & Bradshaw hit double figures...who knows?