FIFA uncovered n/w

Lion1964

Started watching this last night on Netflix. Well worth a watch if you haven’t seen it.
Started at the very beginning of fifas corruption in 1974 World Cup when Coca Cola and adidas owner plus a few others threw cash at fifa and the crooked Brazilian president at the time.
Blatters creepy involvement behind the scenes worming his way to the top and backstabbing his greedy boss.
Argentina , South Africa, Russia and Quatar world cups all corrupt as fuck. Concaff and warner some fat American ponce muscling in.
And the corruption behind the decision to oust the uefa delegate from Sweden who wanted to challenge for fifa president.
Perfect for when the wife’s watching that jungle celebrity shit.

Heard on the radio yesterday that Qatar wasn’t FIFA’s first choice to host the World Cup this year - it was the USA!!!

Obviously, money in grubby brown envelopes changed hands for Qatar to finally get the nod, but fuck me, FIFA even thinking of letting the Yanks host the WC again, 28 years after hosting their first one, is piss taking of the highest order, especially when you think that in the 56 years since England hosted and won the WC, FIFA have still yet to offer us to host the tournament for a second time!

Since England’s victory, Germany have hosted the WC twice, and though they lost out this year, the Yanks will get to host it again (in a joint tournament with Canada and Mexico), in 2026! Never mind the fact that the English Premier League is deemed by most to be the best football league in the world, attracting some of the biggest footballing talent from around the world, FIFA would prefer to give it to a country that, over the decades, still hasn’t fully embraced it, and which, as a sport, could never replace or be as successful as American Football, Baseball or Basketball.

Un-fucking-believable!

Heard on the radio yesterday that Qatar wasn’t FIFA’s first choice to host the World Cup this year - it was the USA!!!

Obviously, money in grubby brown envelopes changed hands for Qatar to finally get the nod, but fuck me, FIFA even thinking of letting the Yanks host the WC again, 28 years after hosting their first one, is piss taking of the highest order, especially when you think that in the 56 years since England hosted and won the WC, FIFA have still yet to offer us to host the tournament for a second time!

Since England’s victory, Germany have hosted the WC twice, and though they lost out this year, the Yanks will get to host it again (in a joint tournament with Canada and Mexico), in 2026! Never mind the fact that the English Premier League is deemed by most to be the best football league in the world, attracting some of the biggest footballing talent from around the world, FIFA would prefer to give it to a country that, over the decades, still hasn’t fully embraced it, and which, as a sport, could never replace or be as successful as American Football, Baseball or Basketball.

Un-fucking-believable!
The Yanks found that out hence the US feds got involved and ousted Blatter.

And I can only guess why England haven't hosted the 'Corrupt cup' again, is that we as a "stiff upper lipped' nation will not bow down to corrupt systems, which i can only assume that the government aren't involved in any way.

Un-fucking-believable!
The plot thickens Mexico 70/86🤷‍♂️ a member of concacaf. The Yank Chuck Blazer fifa executive committee and concacaf official had a big hand in the corruption and was found to be implicated, the us feds exposed him and also revealed he had not declared any tax returns for 15 years with further investigation found large unexplained sums of money submitted to bank accounts connected to him.
They had him bang to rights so he turned informer.
How the fuck Blatter and Platini who voted for Quatar with the French receiving huge investment from Quatar in various forms , including buying psg got off at trial is a travesty.
Jack Warners manipulation of votes so South Africa got the tournament and heaven knows mention what Putins involvement in the Russian bid was.🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
The Yanks found that out hence the US feds got involved and ousted Blatter.

And I can only guess why England haven't hosted the 'Corrupt cup' again, is that we as a "stiff upper lipped' nation will not bow down to corrupt systems, which i can only assume that the government aren't involved in any way.

Successive govts. have made clear to the FA that until FIFA cleans up its act, the FA can expect no help with bidding from the tax-payer (or through official and State channels including the Royal Family).

Watched it. I would say it’s an eye opener but we’ve all known for years FIFA stank.

The corruption in that organisation is on a different level and I don’t think for a second it has stopped. Rotten to the core.

Successive govts. have made clear to the FA that until FIFA cleans up its act, the FA can expect no help with bidding from the tax-payer (or through official and State channels including the Royal Family).
My quip about the gov was more tongue in cheek tbh... seems ironic they gripe about FIFA corruption... Maybe it would be different if they were getting their share of the spoils too, I do hope not.

Pre João Havelange a Brazilian lawyer who took over from England's Sir Stanley Rous upon Rous retirement was when the corruption kicked in.
Havelange suggested they talk about Rous pension and Rous told them that an unsalaried role could not have a pension.
But the writing was on the wall from that day onward that FIFA would be totally corrupt.

The book by David Yallop "How they stole our game" way back in 1998 spilled the beans but the world ignored it.

Last edited: