Favourite football commentator.....

You knew Barry Davies was a football commentator first especially when commentating on the tennis saying “That was a great passing shit down the line”..

Sinstadt & Gubba (gubba hey hey) had their moments too along with Leeds fan Harry Gration.

Moore for me. I remember an England v Germany game where on Stefan Kuntz was playing. Every time he touched the ball Moore was strangely silent.... until he couldn't really not mention him when he went one run, and then referred, reluctantly referred to him as "Koooontz"! 😁😆

Last edited:
My favourite bit of commentary was from the 1979 Nabisco World doubles from the Royal Albert Hall.
Commentator John Barrett on game involving Mark Cox and David Lloyd. They were receiving serve and Mark Cox moved up to the net.
Barrett; " They're now in the attacking position Cox up"!

Peter Jones and Bryon Butler on BBC Radio 2 when it was the station that did the football. Brilliant commentators. James Alexander Gordon doing the results. Hearing the Sports Report theme tune still to this day brings back such fond memories of sitting in the car with my old man going to football back in the day.

Before the football came on Radio 2, Roy Hudd used to be on doing the Huddlines. Used to love that too.