Fans' Forum at the Den tonight 28 July 2022

Yes, if the club doesn’t want to sell a prized asset, but what about league 1 clubs that do need the money? £500,000 to £750,000 doesn’t sound like much to a Championship side, but to a team like Morecombe who struggled in league 1 last season (on the pitch and probably off it financially), then that sort of money could be manna from heaven to a club like them!
Same as us with Jed in a way, not letting him go in January when we were struggling a bit. You'd lose more than half a million if you're relegated cause you've just sold your best player.

Don’t know what their clubs are paying them in League 1, but if we were to offer say, £500,000 to £750,000 for one of them to sign permanently (if they’re still under contract), and pay that player say, £5,000 a week, then surely that would be a win-win for that players club, our club and the player himself?
You won’t get anyone for £5,000 a week :shake:

You won’t get anyone for £5,000 a week :shake:
Bit of statwankery coming up!

Just had a look on salarysport.com and, assuming the following figures are correct, Morecombe and Swindon’s player wages for this year, is as follows:

Morecombe‘s total annual wage bill is £2,003,560 (£38,530 a week)

Forward Cole Stockton’s wage is £2,400 a week! (£124,800 a season)

Swindon’s total annual wage bill is £2,062,840 (£39,670 a week)

Forward Harry McKirdy’s wage is £2,200 a week (£114,400 a season)

So, I wasn’t far off in saying that Millwall could entice either Stockton or McKirdy to the club, by offering to double their wages, which is still less than Tom Bradshaw’s wage of £5,600 a week (£291,200 a season)

As a side note, Danny McNamara’s salary on this site is reported to be £2,400 a week (£124,800 a season), so you can understand him wanting to re-negotiate his contract for more money, especially as George Evans is reputed to be on £8,200 a week (£426,400 a season) and he hardly ever gets a game!

Oh, and he’s shit as well!

Just had a look on salarysport.com and, assuming the following figures are correct, Morecombe and Swindon’s player wages for this year, is as follows:

So, I wasn’t far off in saying that Millwall could entice either Stockton or McKirdy to the club, by offering to double their wages, which is still less than Tom Bradshaw’s wage of £5,600 a week (£291,200 a season)
The selling club needs to be offered dough that they can't refuse. It doesn't matter what we offer the player if his club are turning down bids. We tried for McKirdy previously and got knocked back

Another clickbait site has Bradshaw down as earning 7,5k a week, that probably isn't correct either, they know no more, and, often know much less than we do. Two different sites quoting weekly wages, Saville down as £16k the other site has him on £11,923, Malone £8k the other site says £10k. That's just a few examples, there's at least a grand difference most other cases. Flemming is down for £00.00! It's all pure guesswork, the figures never tally from site to site.

Ideally, I think that GR would want an experienced Championship forward who can score goals for fun (someone like Adam Armstrong who it seems isn’t wanted by Southampton anymore), but a player like that might cost a decent fee and probably isn’t on low wages, and it’s not always possible for a club of our size to justify paying £20,000+ every week, with no guarantee that the player is going to succeed and do the business for us!
Armstrong would be a great signing, but can't see it. If anything he'll go back to Blackburn when they off Diaz.

If nothing else, signing him would stop hhe little fucker running rings round our defence and inevitably scoring

The selling club needs to be offered dough that they can't refuse. It doesn't matter what we offer the player if his club are turning down bids. We tried for McKirdy previously and got knocked back

Another clickbait site has Bradshaw down as earning 7,5k a week, that probably isn't correct either, they know no more, and, often know much less than we do. Two different sites quoting weekly wages, Saville down as £16k the other site has him on £11,923, Malone £8k the other site says £10k. That's just a few examples, there's at least a grand difference most other cases. Flemming is down for £00.00! It's all pure guesswork, the figures never tally from site to site.
Agreed, that’s why I said ‘assuming’ but I do think that those league 1 figures might be closer to the truth, so coming to us, either of those two players could certainly double their wages, and still be on less than Bradshaw (who has to be on at least £5,000 a week, wouldn’t you say?)

And you’re right, it’s all academic if we don’t meet the selling club’s valuation of the player. I put the statwankery bit in because, as I said, I think those wages sound about right for any financially struggling league 1 side, as well as highlighting that there might still be good deals to be had in that division!

Can't make it so I hope someone asks GR why yet again we have failed to sign a striker but overboard in midfielders/ defenders....goals cost us last season but we have not improved in that department......this is not a moan but something got to happen if we are going to.improve.
As far as I am concerned an 'attacking midfielder' is a forward (y)

But it’s two days til season kicks off.
And we have a squad plus back up to be getting on with.

This is not how a proper business goes about it?
It often is where loans are concerned. We're the club chasing so can't see how we can make the parent club work faster. I think we've had a good transfer window and as i far i can tell we're not short or desperate to get the numbers up.

As a side note, Danny McNamara’s salary on this site is reported to be £2,400 a week (£124,800 a season), so you can understand him wanting to re-negotiate his contract for more money, especially as George Evans is reputed to be on £8,200 a week (£426,400 a season) and he hardly ever gets a game!

Oh, and he’s shit as well!

Well that’s good research (although most of us can calculate a weekly wage into per annum) I know for a fact that Danny was on four grand a week and after the interest from QPR he’s now on eight grand a week.
I imagine a recognised goal scorer would want a bit more to play in the championship unless we re sign Marquis of course :oops: