Esse...

Lionchel

Isn't it about time we gave the kid a start. WBA would be ideal, even if it's just to show Jed how we don't miss him. He seems to shown great promise but for me he's not getting enough game time

Last edited:
I would of thought that would be the worse game for him.
I think we can all see the potential but at the moment experience is not only important but our experienced players are far better than him.
When you take away the 'only looking at the positives' for any new player or youngster that comes into the side, Esse isn't going to improve the side immediately.
He gave up promising possession 3 times on Saturday when we needed better, I know this sounds negative but the reality is that he has just started training with the first team a few months ago, Rowett will see all he needs to see on the training ground and he won't start him to satisfy fans curiosity.
I can't wait for him to be in the starting line up but only when he is good enough to warrant it.

I would of thought that would be the worse game for him.
I think we can all see the potential but at the moment experience is not only important but our experienced players are far better than him.
When you take away the 'only looking at the positives' for any new player or youngster that comes into the side, Esse isn't going to improve the side immediately.
He gave up promising possession 3 times on Saturday when we needed better, I know this sounds negative but the reality is that he has just started training with the first team a few months ago, Rowett will see all he needs to see on the training ground and he won't start him to satisfy fans curiosity.
I can't wait for him to be in the starting line up but only when he is good enough to warrant it.

Don't know how anyone can say this. We are devoid off pace. Burke offers that, but little else. Voglslammer & Honeyman aren't wingers and Watmore hasn't done much yet. Esse in the glimpses we have seen looks calm on the ball, gets his head up, has an eye for a pace and some pace.

Is Esse the finished article, probably not, but I don't think anyone has made a case to be a certain starter on the wings.

If your good enough your old enough, the ONLY way to gain experience is to play at the level required, nearly all of the greatest players to play the game started playing high level football at a very young age and Esse has the hallmarks of a player who is going to make a name in the game, if we are too careful other clubs will come in and take him off us with the promise of first team football.

We have not seen him play a full game so no one knows what this kid is capable of, what we have all seen in the minimal game time he has had is TALENT and that comes with a high price these days

Your playing the team with the worst away record ,
Play 5 @ the back 1 up front or 3 @ the back & 3 strikers Esse 1 of them
Goal difference could be the decider, so Fukien at um from the start , just a thought !!!

Don't know how anyone can say this. We are devoid off pace. Burke offers that, but little else. Voglslammer & Honeyman aren't wingers and Watmore hasn't done much yet. Esse in the glimpses we have seen looks calm on the ball, gets his head up, has an eye for a pace and some pace.

Is Esse the finished article, probably not, but I don't think anyone has made a case to be a certain starter on the wings.
Were he to be fit, I feel Tyler Burey would be ahead of Esse. Pace, shooting ability and Goals to his credit. (Can't believe I just typed that!) Esse is another 'Fred', at the moment, lots of promise but too easily brushed off the ball. One for next season for sure.

Were he to be fit, I feel Tyler Burey would be ahead of Esse. Pace, shooting ability and Goals to his credit. (Can't believe I just typed that!) Esse is another 'Fred', at the moment, lots of promise but too easily brushed off the ball. One for next season for sure.
Shame Burey was injured as last Saturday would have been tailor made for him. No need to worry too much about tracking back, defensive duties or tactics. Simple instruction: Get ball and run at them.

Esse who has not yet turned 18 has been picked to play for England for a reason, his all round game is ahead of older players and will improve with game time.

Esse who has not yet turned 18 has been picked to play for England for a reason, his all round game is ahead of older players and will improve with game time.
Until the boo boys get on his back for a misplaced pass or didn't go in for a tackle, then he is ruined. Give him time to learn and not rush him. Little by little his contribution is increasing.

Have him ahead of Tyler every day and twice on Sundays
Until he fucks up or doesn't do what some half pissed motormouth in the crowd is demanding. If he can handle the boo boys then perhaps, if not, no. He will get it at some point without doubt, it all depends on whether he can handle it.

Burey clearly couldn't, you could see it in his face, he looked shocked and flustered. Something he'll have to learn to live with or he'll never be of any value to us. Best supporters my arsehole.

Almost a forgotten man.

Esse is the only outfield player in the U23 squad not attached to a Premiership club 👍

Let’s hope we can keep him 🙏

I had no idea he was in the U-18 England squad alongside some very highly-rated players. This boy is a huge talent, no question.

Rowett got it right with regards to when he broke in McNamara and Mitchell and I trust him to do the same with Esse.

I just wonder what his best position is. I think he could be a number 10, but there is nothing wrong with playing him wide right for now as he learns what Championship football is all about.