England

silverlion

Staff member
I always watch them when they play and last night was no exception. I did think that if we played like we did against Hungary then we would get turned over big time but we gave a reasonable display. We were certainly second best for much of the game but it is only when you’ve got your backs to the wall you see who has got what it takes. Trippier is clearly a favourite of Southgate but I thought he had a poor game. Some poor passing early on and similarly poor delivery from corners which is unforgivable at this level. The two CB’s had solid games and Walker was similar at RB. I was impressed by Bellingham who played as well as I have seen him. When he played for Brum a couple of seasons ago at the Den I really didn’t know what all the fuss was about. And then they retired his shirt at St Andrews which I thought was way OTT. For a lad of eighteen he looked a mature player with good vision and real drive in the middle. Rice is a player with real drive who is destined to move on from the Spammers for a shed load. My mate thinks that when all these top players meet at England training camps they must talk about contracts and how somebody like Rice would fit into their club. Maybe his head could be turned.
Of the others I was impressed by Kane. He is not just a goal scorer but can pass, ride tackles, come deep and set up the play and drive the team on. Grealish had impact when he came on late and Bowen added some energy on the right. We deserved a draw though sheer endeavour and sticking to the task. It was a cool penalty from Harry who was under great pressure to score. We will face similar tough games in Qatar and this was a tough test as you can never write off the Germans!

Ratings in this mornings papers…

Pickford - shit
Walker - worst I’ve ever seen him play
Stones - shit
Maguire - should never play for England again
Trippier - no left foot
Saka - 2 left feet
Rice - good 1st half
Bellingham - good 2nd half
Sterling - fuck off
Mount - pony
Kane - good at dribbling

Ratings in this mornings papers…

Pickford - shit
Walker - worst I’ve ever seen him play
Stones - shit
Maguire - should never play for England again
Trippier - no left foot
Saka - 2 left feet
Rice - good 1st half
Bellingham - good 2nd half
Sterling - fuck off
Mount - pony
Kane - good at dribbling

Kane - good at dribbling?

............ are we talking about his post-match interview?

:grinning:

I watched a couple of recorded programs of the Sewing Bee, some of the needlework had me in stitches......you know too much gather and uneven hems and you hardly see any knee and rainbow is old hat more checks and stripes.

Greslish coming on (eventually) made a big difference for England (as did Bowen) later on in the game but.......
So did Germany, subbing four of their best players in the space of about 10/15 minutes around the same time as those two arriving.
Before all that, England were struggling with no real pattern of play. It was all very hopeful.

The Gonk is simply devoid of tactical ideas when it comes to breaking down, or opening up a team.
With the amount of quality players in the England squad, they shouldn't be hoping for occasion counter attacking football/break aways. The Krouts were better on the ball and flew through the England lines quite easily before al the changes. In fact, it was rather alarming how easily they opened up The Gonk's boys.

Don't know why Sterling is kept on the pitch. Time and again he wants to beat everyone instead of looking for a pass to a teamate in a better position.
He's had his day. Time for a replacement.

I always watch them when they play and last night was no exception. I did think that if we played like we did against Hungary then we would get turned over big time but we gave a reasonable display. We were certainly second best for much of the game but it is only when you’ve got your backs to the wall you see who has got what it takes. Trippier is clearly a favourite of Southgate but I thought he had a poor game. Some poor passing early on and similarly poor delivery from corners which is unforgivable at this level. The two CB’s had solid games and Walker was similar at RB. I was impressed by Bellingham who played as well as I have seen him. When he played for Brum a couple of seasons ago at the Den I really didn’t know what all the fuss was about. And then they retired his shirt at St Andrews which I thought was way OTT. For a lad of eighteen he looked a mature player with good vision and real drive in the middle. Rice is a player with real drive who is destined to move on from the Spammers for a shed load. My mate thinks that when all these top players meet at England training camps they must talk about contracts and how somebody like Rice would fit into their club. Maybe his head could be turned.
Of the others I was impressed by Kane. He is not just a goal scorer but can pass, ride tackles, come deep and set up the play and drive the team on. Grealish had impact when he came on late and Bowen added some energy on the right. We deserved a draw though sheer endeavour and sticking to the task. It was a cool penalty from Harry who was under great pressure to score. We will face similar tough games in Qatar and this was a tough test as you can never write off the Germans!
Wasn't a pen though...

A lot of random running about when defending. God only knows what instructions they had from Ol' Nosey.

Don't know why Sterling is kept on the pitch. Time and again he wants to beat everyone instead of looking for a pass to a teamate in a better position.
He's had his day. Time for a replacement.
His the new John Barnes...absolute dogshit but still wins caps. With Nosegate in charge we are going nowhere footballing side. But he does talk a good anti discrimination speech ...pity its a load of old bollocks

"Only San Marino scored fewer than England during this round of Nations League fixtures. It’s not difficult to work out how many the tiny microstate mustered.

The Three Lions, with all our supposed attacking riches, managed Harry Kane’s solitary late penalty against the Germans - on a par with Gibraltar and Liechtenstein - and fewer than Luxembourg and the Faroe Islands."

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈:slap: :clap::yes::shake:(n):poop::rofl::hehe::grinning::rotfl::blah::sleep::yawning::finger:Bday🤠 :ROFLMAO:🌈🌈