England vs Italy

I agree no football manager or player has any right to tell us the fans about politics i don't give a flying fuck what they believe
a lot of the bitterness is about what he has to say not about the football
millwall and England are the same we never win fuck all so i will enjoy a bit of successes when it comes around and if I can get out to the would cup I will

You don't win anything for coming close though.
Like Peckham said.... he's (still) a loser. Ramsey won something.

With the Gonk love in from the FA and certain elements of the MSM, it's easy to forget that Robson and Venables reached semi-finals. As it happens, in my opinion, playing better Football and.... not dividing the football community with the egotistical need to try and educate people about World problems.

😁
This.

For those semi’s we had better players (than we have now), played better football (than we do now), and played against better, stronger opposition!

Oh, and had better managers (than we have now!)

yes i take your point
but you can dress it up how you like he has still done better then anyone in 60 years
Cant argue with that, but a clued up manager with our squad depth and the courage to go for it, would have done so much more. Venables Hoddle, Robson even Keegan would have won one if not both of those tournaments given the opposition

Last edited:
Danny Baker echoed our views now so nothing changes does it!? Surprised they didn’t mention us too!
It justifies my views on Twitter and its users and why I would not touch it or Facebook with a bargepole.
It's the other subject that inspires these people's thinking in all aspects and has nothing to do with watching the actual game.

For those semi’s we had better players (than we have now), played better football (than we do now), and played against better, stronger opposition!

Oh, and had better managers (than we have now!)

For me, that's what it's all about - The Football (or lack of it).
If he was capable of sorting that out, he might just win something.
Although personally, I think he's had his time, used up his (easy routes) luck and peaked without a trophy (three failures to date, two semi-finals and a final?)

I can remember vividly, both those titanic footballing semi-finals in Italia 90 and Euro 96 like they were yesterday. Southgate's WC semi-final and last years Euro final leaves me struggling to remember anything memorable about them, other than we probably got what we deserved because of over the top tactical caution and, eventually coming up against tougher, footballing teams with streetwise coaches.
'Sweet Caroline' seems to stick out more than anything else... :grinning:

If he doesn't win anything, his legacy will be his condescending politics towards supporters, bottling major games, missed penalties, Pizza adverts and relegating (at the time) an established Premier League club..... Certainly not his football..!

It's not a great legacy, is it? Although, his bank manager would probably disagree.
:grinning:

again disagree world cup semi final and a euro final apart from Alf Ramsey
no other manager comes close
Until he wins something he won't come close either. We have the best crop of players in a long time and shit opposition in the group stages yet we can't get over the winning line in a final. You can disagree all you like but the Gonks record as manager don't lie. he is a serial loser, he was the same as a player. When it comes to making tactical changes and decisions he comes unstuck. If you deem losing in a semi and a final as success that's fine, most big nations bin there manager off for the same thing.

Last edited:
It justifies my views on Twitter and its users and why I would not touch it or Facebook with a bargepole.
It's the other subject that inspires these people's thinking in all aspects and has nothing to do with watching the actual game.
It's bad when even the luvvies afre turning on him.

Not half as embarrassing as his arsehole flapping in the final against them. What is even more embarrassing and unforgivable is him chosing political reasons and three black lads to take penalties whilst hanging them out to dry in front of the nation.

He hasn't all of a sudden decided that football fans and followers of the national team are racist, he's been alluding to that ever since they first done the black power salute ( yet it's us that need ' educating ').

Who is educating him and the cajoled players that have had politics forced upon them by the FA? who funnily enough don't seem to have many if any black people sitting in their plush offices!

I mean, being against all forms of exploitation, racism, homophobia, death and suicide of immigrant workers would surely mean you couldn't posssibly go to earn a huge amount of wedge from a country and regime where all the above and more are happening and clear for all to see! Back to the drawing board for Sheikh Gonk of Doris topper and his disciples for lesson or two in hypocrisy and ignorance.
That last para is blinding👏👏

Until he wins something he won't come close either. We have the best crop of players in a long time and shit opposition in the group stages yet we can't get over the winning line in a final. You can disagree all you like but the Gonks recore a s manager don't lie. he is a serial loser, he was the same as a player. When it comes to making tactical changes and decisions he comes unstuck. If you deem losing in a semi and a final as success that's fine, most big nations bin there manager off for the same thing.
like always we can agree to disagree i have no problem with your point of view
for me it is success for years and years england have done fuck all now in back to back tournaments we have done well don't care about who we have played you can only beat whats in front of you or not lol

Thing is, Gonk should have changed it at HT in that final. He must have known Italy would come out 2nd half and make a go of it, because they had to. In that 2nd half, and even before their equaliser, everyone at home and in the stadium could see Italy were knocking on the door, and it was only a matter of time before they got a goal!

Everyone could see it, except the England manager! You know, the bloke that’s paid millions to make the right decisions on a football pitch, to analyse what is going wrong, and find a way to change things before everything goes tits up!

Gonk failed to do that, and once Italy equalised, it became a war of attrition where you just knew the Italians would grind us down and sit back, happy to take us to penalties! They did precisely that and Gonk’s infatuation with BLM clouded his judgment when it came to picking players to take the penalties! He wanted one, or more of the English black players to win the game for us, and he (and them) failed spectacularly! Gonk wanted to do good by them, but he ended up putting race relations back, when those black players were singled out by some racist football supporters, happy to use them as a scapegoat to make a dig at him, the players, the FA, and no doubt the BLM as well!

He was, as a player, useless and a loser, and that hasn’t changed one bit since he became a manager, and particularly, as England manager!

And the channel 4 coverage is beyond woeful.
Mr personality Michael Owen and that scouse tart in plimsolls.
Held together by some girl young enough to be my granddaughter.
Unbelievably woke and very very poor.
Roy Keane is far from my favourite person, but he doesn’t mince his words and he knew how to win football matches.
every form of sport now it seems as a token no nothing woman on the team , darts ,football, racing,cricket, boxing ,rugby now F1 , yet to see a man on the Netball channel