EFL Cup

I get that the big boys will come and take their ball away in the quarters etc, but with 12 or more championship clubs out, there is s decent chance of a lucky draw getting you to the quarter, maybe semi finals and that must be worth a fair bit of wedge? Bit short sighted to me
I agree, it's no different to the fa cup in that sense, the bigger clubs will rest players against lessar sides in that too.

What's the point of modern cup ties when the Prem boys have a squad of 20 lowest value of £10m plus, to me all cups are dead and valueless these days.
To me the Everton game and result is what following Millwall is all about. Fearing no fucker, giving it your all and winning in injury time. We should never disregard something that can leave us with life long and happy memories, not sure what the point of football is if we take that away,

Last edited:
To me the Everton game and result is what following Millwall is all about. Fearing no fucker, giving it your all and winning in injury time. We should never disregard something that can leave us with life long and happy memories, not sure what the point of football is if we take that away,
I think football lost its soul long ago, to me it did anyway, Milk Cups, Paint Cups among the many, then we have the FA Cup the one where we would be tuned into our radio at midday on a Monday to listen to the draw and scribble them down, the final began at 9 am with the road to Wembley and then the teams breakfast and now they are leaving their hotels after a light lunch of Steak and Chips followed by steamed rolly-polly and custard, the drive along Wembley Way and a glimpse of the players leaving the Bus.
Now the radio has lost its interest in a result service. It's about money not at these early stages but in the latter when they polish the trophy from last year when people drank Champagne from it and even pissed in it.
Now they have invented a new game its called Ladies football and it's been around for years but to those that lost out on the prize of everyday men's football, now they have decided that Ladyball is the new be-all, we have in all sizes and shades such Crickette, Ruggerbe, and Lady kickball.
Maybe I'm cynical and lost the dream but give me a 3-3 draw with Barnsley on a wet Tuesday in a league game that will have some bearing come to the end of the season.