Did I see right.......

Ulster Lion

......that the Long fellow is between the sticks on Saturday, giving Bart a break?
I could have sworn I read something somewhere this morning about it, but I'm buggered if I can find it again.
Long is a good keeper, but it brought flashbacks of that iron Martin against Brighton in the cup as well.

Is Long between the stick cos it’s a Cup game, or because of Bart’s kicking (or lack of it), that gifted City’s 1st goal on Sunday?

Probably the former, but if it’s the latter, maybe it’ll make Bart realise that, as good as he usually is, he isn’t irreplaceable!

Long is a good keeper, got faith in him and could be a hero on Saturday if it goes to penalties… unless he does a Dave Martin… good old flappy hands Martin….!!!

Is Long between the stick cos it’s a Cup game, or because of Bart’s kicking (or lack of it), that gifted City’s 1st goal on Sunday?

Probably the former, but if it’s the latter, maybe it’ll make Bart realise that, as good as he usually is, he isn’t irreplaceable!
It’s the former according to Rowett

We are clearly not going to make the playoffs so we should be having a real crack at palace. What’s the point in resting players now when we effectively have nothing to play for except drawing as many matches as poss between now and May. A decent cup run could at least get the entertainment level up and earn some dough.

Last edited:
It's a must win.... even for pride alone. Would be good to send them away like their support - humiliated, with their tails between their legs.

We are clearly not going to make the playoffs so we should be having a real crack at palace. What’s the point in resting players now when we effectively have nothing to play for except drawing as many matches as poss between now and May. A decent cup run could at least get the entertainment level up and earn some dough.
This is one game that I'd like Harris back in charge, he knows the coup about rivalaries and what a fired up full house can do to the oppo. I hope someone has a word in Rowetts shell and explains what it means and what we expect. We'll ceratainly do our bit lets hope the players are reciprocal. Starting to look forward to it now and fancy our chances if we have a real go.