Derby nw

They have to pay before end of Feb and will start burning money in running costs from then. Will have to pay to rent the ground, if they can get an agreement in place, likely to get relegated and have two cubs chasing for compensation.

Big day today for them as EFL and administartors meet, if it doesn't go well they could well end up selling players in order to have enough money to see the season out.
Whilst I wouldn't like to see the club go bust, they would be laughing at us in the same position so let's hope the EFL keep up their low standards of competency on this one.

I don’t really care about other clubs going under, bad management and finances mean that small firms who deal with them invariably go bust or struggle, then the club is taken over and they normally come out the other side smelling of roses. Millwall is my club, and I don’t give a toss about the rest.

I don’t really care about other clubs going under, bad management and finances mean that small firms who deal with them invariably go bust or struggle, then the club is taken over and they normally come out the other side smelling of roses. Millwall is my club, and I don’t give a toss about the rest.
Don’t mind if a team goes bust if it stops us being relegated.
Very selfish I know

As I said earlier on this thread,just another Weeds scenario..playing for time.
The result will probably be similar. In the premier in two years.

After all our problems years ago, we have been a well run club, operating within the confines of the FFP rules. What that has meant is that we've never paid top dollar for our playing staff, the results of which are clear.
Other clubs have bust the bank on a gamble to get to the promised land of the Prem. You all know how that ends for most, so as far as Derby are concerned they'll get what they deserve, hopefully.
Meantime back on planet earth we will continue to be mostly disappointed, but always optimistic at least until Xmas each year anyway...

You're right. Most of the time, a club going bust isn't the end of the club. Even if they're not taken over, they'll have a phoenix club. They'll be booted down the divisions but they'll usually have done something to deserve it. If they're worth their salt they'll be back in the league again eventually. The only shame is that something like this can't happen to the Premier league clubs like Man City who really take the piss.
I don't have anything against Derby but if you flout the rules there has to be punishment. The only time that I'd really have any sympathy for a club is when they've got some director fiddling the books or trying to do the club over. I think it was somewhere like Wrexham a few years ago nearly went out of business because the owner wanted to liquidate the club so he could flog the ground or something like that.

On the other hand Millwall don’t play at Millwall. Never mind a new ground in Kent I think we should move back to the Island
Fair point but there is only one Millwall. Crusty Palace doesn't play in Crusty Palace either... I think the point was the addition rather than location ;)

And yes going back to the island would be good.

Why a month to prove they have the money? If they have any chance of running the club they must have a lot more than the original payment. How are they going to pay running cost? Cowboys on the make.

What's this about then?

"Today’s development will allow the Club to meet its ongoing obligations whilst giving a further four weeks to continue the discussions with the interested bidders and relevant stakeholders in respect of a sale, alongside providing additional time to seek clarity on the claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe".

Why a month to prove they have the money? If they have any chance of running the club they must have a lot more than the original payment. How are they going to pay running cost? Cowboys on the make.

Look,its Derby not Millwall.If it were us I have no doubt thre'd be no more 'extra time'.
Derby,Weeds,Millwall. Spot the Differerence.

I appreciate he’s not especially popular on this site but Wayne Rooney has turned down the opportunity to interview for the Everton manager’s position because he wants to help Derby get out of the mess that threatens their entire future 👏👏
Had to change my opiion of him since he's become a manager and what he's done at Derby when it would be easier to walk away. It's seems like he has instilled some of the grit, drive and desire into his team, something that he always exhibited as a player himself. Many teams and managers would have chucked in the towel after the points deduction but they're fighting tooth and nail for there team and manager.

Last edited:
Had to change my opiion of him since he's become a manager and what he's done at Derby when it would be easier to walk away. It's seems like he has instilled some of the grit, drive and desire into his team, something that he always exhibited as a player himself. Many teams and managers would have chucked in the towel after the points deduction but they're fighting tooth and nail for there team and manager.
I was told the other day that he's been putting his hand in his pocket for stuff for the team as well.