Derby nw

I've never had a problem with Rooney.
Great player and could become a very good manager. The problems at Derby have been handled very well by him.
This is a learning curve as a manager that should help his progress to eventually manage in the top flight. I've got a lot of time for him. (Except when he comes up against the biggest small club in the world ).

Had to change my opiion of him since he's become a manager and what he's done at Derby when it would be easier to walk away. It's seems like he has instilled some of the grit, drive and desire into his team, something that he always exhibited as a player himself. Many teams and managers would have chucked in the towel after the points deduction but they're fighting tooth and nail for there team and manager.
Rooney in!

Hate the fucking club, but you’d have to hand Rooney the manager of the season award if he got them avoiding relegation!

There’s a very small part of me (probably the size of my little toe), that kinda wants Derby to stay up,* just to piss off Rick Parry, Steve Gibson, Gareth Ainsworth and the EFL, who all seem to want Derby playing in league 1 next season!

*(as long as they don’t finish above us or send us down - then their just cunts!)

I've never had a problem with Rooney.
Great player and could become a very good manager. The problems at Derby have been handled very well by him.
This is a learning curve as a manager that should help his progress to eventually manage in the top flight. I've got a lot of time for him. (Except when he comes up against the biggest small club in the world ).
He's going about his managerial areer the right way IMO, sticking with a team in dire straights. Too many ex-players expect to be fast-tracked into a top job without really serving their apprenticeship. I thought Lampard should've stayed there longer. I understand that the Chelsea job coming up was a big lure but FFS it's the Chelsea job, it's not like it isn't available every couple of years!

Lampard will now take the Everton job, one that is available EVERY year.... By this time next season, Rodney, Frank will be the third Watford manager of the 2022/23 season.
😁
I'm beginning to think that the Everton Saga was written by John Sullivan before he died. It's comedy gold!

Anyone who wants to run a football club would not even need to see if they had enough money to do it. If they have less than £100 million on top of the 28 used to buy the club, they dont have enough.

I just watched Derby play Birmingham. Great game tremendous score at the end. I am surprised the team is having financial problems. The stadium is huge and it looked as if every seat was filled. I don’t know if that happens all the time, but they sure would be getting a much longer gate and little Millwall. I think it’s an incredible job that Rooney is doing. If you add back the 21 points they lost they would be tied with us. I know the owners cheated but the team and manager are giving it a go!

Five points and they are out of relegation.

Always hated them since I watch the embarrassment at the Den under Lomas.

Last edited:
I just watched Derby play Birmingham. Great game tremendous score at the end. I am surprised the team is having financial problems. The stadium is huge and it looked as if every seat was filled. I don’t know if that happens all the time, but they sure would be getting a much longer gate and little Millwall. I think it’s an incredible job that Rooney is doing. If you add back the 21 points they lost they would be tied with us. I know the owners cheated but the team and manager are giving it a go!

Five points and they are out of relegation.

Always hated them since I watch the embarrassment at the Den under Lomas.
A gate like that might generate half a million quid. Add on TV money, let's be generous and say a million on the night in total.
Trouble is Derby need about 150 games like that NOW to clear their debts. Even then their troubles would not be over.
The reason they have money problems is not that they don't have sufficient income, but because they have excessive expenditure.
If that makes sense?

A gate like that might generate half a million quid. Add on TV money, let's be generous and say a million on the night in total.
Trouble is Derby need about 150 games like that NOW to clear their debts. Even then their troubles would not be over.
The reason they have money problems is not that they don't have sufficient income, but because they have excessive expenditure.
If that makes sense?
Thats why Berylson is one of the best Chairman in this division, building slowly brings stability.

That was a great fight back. credit where its due. But then they still have the players the dodgy money bought. All because the penalty was not applied last season.

Roll on 23rd Feb