Derby nw

PurleyLion

Staff member
Sky reporting there is a serious threat of Derby going into liquidation early February when they will “run out of money” (can’t quite work that out - surely they’ve already run out of money) 🤷‍♂️

If this is true, perhaps we might still have chances of getting Sibley on the cheap 😉

Sky reporting there is a serious threat of Derby going into liquidation early February when they will “run out of money” (can’t quite work that out - surely they’ve already run out of money) 🤷‍♂️

If this is true, perhaps we might still have chances of getting Sibley on the cheap 😉
If they go bust we get him for nothing.

I noticed that Bet365 weren’t taking any bets on the championship relegation market today so there could be something in it. However, if Sibley becomes a free agent because his contract no longer exists then he will want to go to the club who pays the highest wages (Millwall?)

Derby,just another Leeds. Keep putting forward a new consortium,which then gets a 'not suitable' from the EFL.
Just buying time then eventually they miraculously find a real prospective buyer.
Well,weeds got away with it didn't they?

Apparently we made 4 bids for Sibley! The three potential buyers of Derby won’t proceed until the claims by Boro and Wycombe have been resolved and I can’t see that happening by 1 Feb. This is what happens when you put your hands in the till and get caught!

Apparently we made 4 bids for Sibley! The three potential buyers of Derby won’t proceed until the claims by Boro and Wycombe have been resolved and I can’t see that happening by 1 Feb. This is what happens when you put your hands in the till and get caught!
Negotiation tactics with creditors who might be holding things up (Boro, Wycombe etc) to allow Ashley in and amend their demands or get nothing....they will not go to the wall. Buyers just want on the cheap

As the chant says “Fuck em’ all” and that includes Derby.
I’ll lose no sleep if they get relegated or go under,their supporters ride the the Mel Morris wave and then get salty when it appears things weren’t all as they seem.All too good to be true!.

If it is true that Derby are going to run out of money, then what is the truth about their administration turning down our bid? Stating “ he is not for sale”!
what are the administrators up to? What is their motive?
Something is definitely not right there.

If it is true that Derby are going to run out of money, then what is the truth about their administration turning down our bid? Stating “ he is not for sale”!
Administrators are leeches. They claim to want the best for the business they are there to help, but charge hundreds of thousands for their services.

I hate to see any team go out of business. But in all honesty...Im not bothered about Derby County. Their fans seem to think they are bigger than they actually are. Also have some arrogance about them just because of the "Brian Clough" days.

So MEH...

This.

Derby sold their player, Shinnie, last week for £30,000, but somehow they’ve convinced the administrators to not sell Sibley for £450,000!

WTF?

Obviously Shinnie was surplus to requirements, but Rooney has stated that Sibley is very much in his plans (even though Rooney hasn’t picked Sibley much this season), so it’s understandable that he wants him at the club, especially if they stay in the Championship.

Would imagine though, that if Derby were relegated, Sibley wouldn’t want to stay anyway, so maybe Rowett will go back in for Sibley at the end of the season if Derby are relegated and Rowett doesn’t get Flemming etc. during this transfer window!

If they go bust, and its a big if players will be sold by the liquidator at best price.

Its not going to happen. They may well avoid relegation as they are only 8 points from safety.

They have until feb 1st to prove they have the finances to finish the season.according to granny shagger he has the final say on who goes and who stays

"However, they have turned down four Millwall bids for Louie Sibley, the latest for £450,000, which has attracted attention from Championship rivals, who question how Derby can do that given they are looking to cut in excess of £20m off a £28m liability to HMRC."

... surely that should read £4,500,000?

:smoke:

Although I dislike these northern monkeys I would settle for them getting relegated as they should have been. They gambled everything on going up and lost the bet.

As long as boro and wycombe are chasing compensation anyone would be mad to buy the club. They could inherit a massive dept. The £28 million bid does not include the ground. Morris owns it. He bought it for 81 million.