Derby again

You can have a division with an odd number of teams.

It was clear from the start he didnt have the funds. If I could see it WTF were the administraters thinking.

Transfer window is open so can Derby deal while in administration?
No

And if Derby are liquidated, does that mean that Reading are relegated as the Rams replacement? Otherwise league 1 are going to have an odd number of teams for the forthcoming season!

I'm no Mathematician but, wouldn't that leave the Championship with an odd number of teams?
:grinning:

If Derby do go, the best way of keeping League One with an even amount of teams and leaving Reading in the Championship would be to wind up The Spotters, surely?

When I say 'Wind Up', I mean dissolve them as a club, not poke fun at them (but we can do that when it happens).
:thumbup:

So whats the new deadline date?
I would think the administrators would have to start off loading assets to claw back at least some money for the creditors. Every day the club is bleeding money in wages and running costs.

So whats the new deadline date?
I would think the administrators would have to start off loading assets to claw back at least some money for the creditors. Every day the club is bleeding money in wages and running costs.
The only assets they have are the 5 or 6 contracted players they have left!

Sell them and they don’t have a hope in hell getting a team ready for the start of the season, unless they field 11 U23 players!

As poor as league 1 is, compared to the Championship, a Derby team comprising 11 U23 players would have them playing in league 2 at the end of next season!

Bury were once a fairly big succesful club winning the fa cup a couple of times, they were founded the same year as us!

The latest 'Price of football' podcast leads with the Derby fiasco. They lay the largest portion of the blame on the Administors,although they don't exempt EFL from blame either.

Apparently EFL are confident that a deal will be done by the time fixtures are released (Thursday). Mike Ashley looks to be in pole position.