Danny Rose nw

PurleyLion

Staff member
Without a club since last September and currently training with York City in hope he can get match fit and become an “appealing free-agent” :unsure:

Was a very good player, could he have helped us to address our left-back weakness? We’ll never know 🤷‍♂️

Rose left Watford at the beginning of the season because he wanted to play PL football.

No idea whether he has lowered his expectations since then given the lack of interest.

There must be a very good reason why no one wants him, especially when there are a lot of clubs desperate for a good player.

I don't quite understand why Wallace gets on the end of so much complaining, quality Championship players must never beat him in 90 minutes but yet Esse deserves a go and would be expected to beat other clubs full backs throughout the game.
If we let Wallace go on a free in May there would be many Championship clubs after him.

Last edited:
There must be a very good reason why no one wants him, especially when there are a lot of clubs desperate for a good player.

I don't quite understand why Wallace gets on the end of so much complaining, quality Championship players must never beat him in 90 minutes but yet Esse deserves a go and would be expected to be other clubs full backs throughout the game.
If we let Wallace go on a free in May there would be many Championship clubs after him.
I’m a great fan of Murray and would be choked if he left the club but think he’s a better left central defender than left back.

Both Wallace and Malone have proved to be vulnerable to tricky wingers and it’s a position we need to improve.

I’m a great fan of Murray and would be choked if he left the club but think he’s a better left central defender than left back.

Both Wallace and Malone have proved to be vulnerable to tricky wingers and it’s a position we need to improve.
Both of these players struggle against pace & it is a weak.link in the defence , teams now target this position and it's costing us goals....murray not a patch on last season but yes is better in the middle

Wasn't referring to your comment Purley about Wallace , just the general complaining we keep seeing on here.
Malone was needed when he came here and now it is time to move on this summer but if you watch Wallace he reminds me a bit of Rhino in the sense that he reads the game well enough that his lack of pace isn't exposed as much as it could be and if we had a LB with his qualities and pace he would never be at Millwall in the first place.

i think the big one is the goalkeeper we need a new number 1
and we should be able to do that for 500k so not out of our reach

Murray has been fantastic for us i have no problem with him but he does have his limits

i think the big one is the goalkeeper we need a new number 1
and we should be able to do that for 500k so not out of our reach

Murray has been fantastic for us i have no problem with him but he does have his limits
I also feel GK is a position that we could improve on but I think it might cost more than that, we don't have any youngsters coming through to push Long out.

I also feel GK is a position that we could improve on but I think it might cost more than that, we don't have any youngsters coming through to push Long out.
drop down the lower leagues their are some stand out keepers
the lad at Ipswich would love to get him heard we are looking at there 2nd keeper

just hope we don't get a big game and long fucks up

Wasn't referring to your comment Purley about Wallace , just the general complaining we keep seeing on here.
Malone was needed when he came here and now it is time to move on this summer but if you watch Wallace he reminds me a bit of Rhino in the sense that he reads the game well enough that his lack of pace isn't exposed as much as it could be and if we had a LB with his qualities and pace he would never be at Millwall in the first place.
Wallace needs to be 5 inches shorter and 8 years younger. Most composed player at the club. In my opinion.

Rose is yesterday’s man.
Wasn’t he on loan with us once?
One of the many to fall by the wayside.

Depends if his heart is still in the game. Could be that he's earnt plenty of dough and just not motivated anymore. If that's the case then no thanks.
This- wouldn’t be a fit for us. In fairness to Bomber, he knew we needed players with backbone and quite a few of his recruits are still here. A philosophy that GR has expanded upon brilliantly.