Danny Mac why not stop messing around

By his best mate who also said he does not want t o leave but feels he not being fairly treated
This is wrong as well, you need to have a word with your mate. From what i understand Danny is happy with the offer financially but not the length of the contract that the club want to tie him to. It's understandable that the club want him long term so they don't end up giving a good player away for nothing again. Hope you didn't buy your mate an expensive bottle of beer for that info!

Thats the thing. Say we give him 10k, what will the likes of Bradshaw have to say? But that's what happens when the expectancy level rises. Last season we paid some really big wages for loanees and we've spent a chunk on Flemming. Honeyman's wages not far off, same for Afobe.
See the post above mate.

Is there ever a day when you wake up in the morning and say to yourself, im gonna have a positive day today without moaning ?
This is not moaning about wanting to keep.one of our better players and someone in the future could earn us a lot of money in transfer fees if he continues to improve

I think Danny is a cracking player, and played with such committment last season.
However, one man doesn't make a team, and although it's disappointing to hear that he's reluctant to sign a new contract for whatever reason, it would be a real shame to see him go elsewhere.

This is not moaning about wanting to keep.one of our better players and someone in the future could earn us a lot of money in transfer fees if he continues to improve
The club are offering a long term deal but with a sell on clause for a certain amount of should a big club want him. It's not about money on wages. After the Wallace saga i can understand why us and other clubs do it.

The club have some power in this situation, other clubs don't seem to be kicking our door down to buy Danny.

I don't think he's being overly unreasonable to ask for more considering his contribution to the team and what QPR have subsequently tabled.

As I've said before, any replacement would likely demand more money than what we've offered Dan. Also, if he carries on performing at the levels he has been and improves, we won't be long before Premier League teams come knocking and we can get a fee.
How do we know what QPR have supposedly offered him in wages as they have had their bids turned down by Millwall and as such have no right to talk to him.

I'd love my best mate handing out all my personal contract details to Phlin
the
Better to be in the know then run blind m8....nothing personal was said just the basic reason why he not signed a new contract yet. Figures were not mentioned at all

Last edited:
How do we know what QPR have supposedly offered him in wages as they have had their bids turned down by Millwall and as such have no right to talk to him.
Quite easily mate. Clubs speak to agents all the time, whether they're in or out of contract. Clubs speak to agents who speak to players... not as if a formal proposal is on the table.

The club are offering a long term deal but with a sell on clause for a certain amount of should a big club want him. It's not about money on wages. After the Wallace saga i can understand why us and other clubs do it.

The club have some power in this situation, other clubs don't seem to be kicking our door down to buy Danny.
Doesn’t Danny realise that most clubs today, if they have a good player on their books, would want a sell on clause? That way, if Aston Villa signed him for say, £1M, and then two years later they sell him on to Man U for £15M, then at least our club would get some money back for putting the time, money and effort into developing him as a player! Can’t understand why Danny, a Wall supporter, wouldn’t want his club to prosper on the back of his success?

I can only think that Danny feels that the sell on clause will put off potential clubs from buying him, which is ridiculous, because if a club like Villa buys Danny for £1M, and sells him on to the likes of Man U for £15M, you can bet that Villa would have already factored in the sell on money we’d be getting, so as not to lose anything on the deal!

If he stays he stays, if he goes we move on, we always do. Im sure we have offered him a decent contract and if he wants more and we have said no. Well then im glad Wall are holding there ground on this, as it will just upset the team sprit we have at our great club.

It's one of those situations where no one really wins. How about we suggest a 10% raise on what we've already offered him on the proviso he fires his agent?
We could get his agent a job at the club robbo. I seem to remember they were advertising for a new Zampa Lion.

Serious question - if he goes, who will we replace him with?

We had been linked with Nathan Byrne earlier in the summer.

Danny needs to fuck his agent off sign the contract and get on with playing football for the club he loves.
If he carries on improving at the rate he is currently it won’t be too long before the cash and a big move comes his way. Or better still wall challenge for honours and it’s win win all round.
DM you know it makes sense.

Quite easily mate. Clubs speak to agents all the time, whether they're in or out of contract. Clubs speak to agents who speak to players... not as if a formal proposal is on the table.
I understand what you said. Surely this is tapping up? which is against EFL rules, or perhaps this doesn't apply to us!