Danny Mac why not stop messing around

I am concerned that we could sell him if a reasonable offer comes in. Rowett was playing Leonard at right back last season at some point and I suspect that he doesn’t fancy him. Like Ben Thompson.

Rowett is single minded enough to make decisions which he thinks are correct and wouldn’t be bothered about the shit he would get. Call it confidence or arrogance. Danny being a Millwall fan in the eyes of the club is irrelevant and I think is a handicap.

He is easily the best young prospect we have and I hope he continues to play for us for the foreseeable future. However it wouldn’t surprise if we sold in this window.
I can’t see how it would make any sense for Rowett to sell him.
The only circumstance I could see it is if they offered really silly money, which I don’t think they have.

I am concerned that we could sell him if a reasonable offer comes in. Rowett was playing Leonard at right back last season at some point and I suspect that he doesn’t fancy him. Like Ben Thompson.

Rowett is single minded enough to make decisions which he thinks are correct and wouldn’t be bothered about the shit he would get. Call it confidence or arrogance. Danny being a Millwall fan in the eyes of the club is irrelevant and I think is a handicap.

He is easily the best young prospect we have and I hope he continues to play for us for the foreseeable future. However it wouldn’t surprise if we sold in this window.
It will be irrelevant in the eyes of Danny as well if a decent offer comes in for him and he has the chance to earn extra dough.

People who think otherwise are kidding themselves I’m sorry to say.

Professional contracts take ages to sort out especially for highly rated players. His agent knows his worth and probably welcomes QPRs interest to gain leverage with SK and the board, incidentally it’s worth remembering that’s who McNamaras representatives are dealing with not Rowett. I would think that we will offer him the best deal we can and if he doesn’t accept it then we’ll have to sell, irrespective of whether he’s a Millwall fan or not.

The club have already stated that they’ve started negotiations over a new contract and until we hear otherwise it’s best to leave it at that. They can’t continually give updates every day to needy fans on social media.

I bet we've tried to offer him shit terms thinking he'd take it being young and a local Millwall supporter.

He's worth 10-15k pw all day long considering the wages we are now paying the likes of Afobe.

if millwall are offering less money and a shorter contract than another club...what would you do.
I bet we've tried to offer him shit terms thinking he'd take it being young and a local Millwall supporter.

He's worth 10-15k pw all day long considering the wages we are now paying the likes of Afobe.
how do you know how much we are paying afobe? maybe stoke paid him off a chunk of his last year and took a reduced offer from us.

danny mac is not worth 10-15k at this stage. He's a promising lad who's been around the first team for barely 1 season - Id be surprised if we offer anymore than half of 10-15k

Why do you always assume the worst?
We are a professional club in a competitive league with a competent management. What makes you think our management doesn’t know it’s job?
Let them get on with doing that job in the best interests of the club.
Slagging them off when you haven’t got the foggiest idea of what negotiations are going on serves no purpose whatsoever.

Why do you always assume the worst?
We are a professional club in a competitive league with a competent management. What makes you think our management doesn’t know it’s job?
Let them get on with doing that job in the best interests of the club.
Slagging them off when you haven’t got the foggiest idea of what negotiations are going on serves no purpose whatsoever.
I don't think I do assume the worst. If anything at times I've been guilty of being overly optimistic.

Obviously this QPR interest is being driven by his agent which suggests to me he is not happy with the terms being offered. I find it hard to believe Danny would want to make hard work of it, being that this is his club, so perhaps the wages offered genuinely aren't what he may have been expecting given that we are paying £20k pw for the likes of Afobe and £15k pw for Honeyman.

I don't think I do assume the worst. If anything at times I've been guilty of being overly optimistic.

Obviously this QPR interest is being driven by his agent which suggests to me he is not happy with the terms being offered. I find it hard to believe Danny would want to make hard work of it, being that this is his club, so perhaps the wages offered genuinely aren't what he may have been expecting given that we are paying £20k pw for the likes of Afobe and £15k pw for Honeyman.
GR has commented today on the situation. Contract on the table. Over to Danny now. What will be will be.

I cannot imagine we are offering Danny (and his football agency - who appear to be owned by Trent Alexander-Arnold's brother) insulting wages to extend his contract, in fact, it's probably a very decent wage. Now, I love Danny McNamara and he obviously loves Millwall. But let's have it right. He's had one and a half good seasons for us. Rowett has put his faith in him for that time. This, to me, stinks of his agent putting bullshit stories in the press in order to force the club to offer him a new contract, which they have done. Now it appears the player and his agent don't really like the terms and Rowett seems quite rightly pissed off with that.

And yes, if a player can double or triple his wages elsewhere then fair play. But, does anyone honestly think QPR or any other club are going to pay him a ton of dough?

Loyalty, eh? Kissing the fucking badge? Spare me, please. Football, as we knew it, went a long time ago.

I I I I
I I
I I I I
I I
I I

And its a big if, it would show an enormous lack of ambition from the club, and the Haters Arms would be open 24hrs and the club should fold, Harris out.

Last edited:

I agree with all this. But with all due respect to Danny, Afobe and Honeyman, like it or not, are proven players at this level. Danny has been a first team player for 18 months. Incomparable.

I agree with all this. But with all due respect to Danny, Afobe and Honeyman, like it or not, are proven players at this level. Danny has been a first team player for 18 months. Incomparable.
Yeah, I get that totally. And without knowing what's on the table I can't really comment. However I do wish we'd stop letting players get to within a year of contract expiry - we've been doing it for years.

Yeah, I get that totally. And without knowing what's on the table I can't really comment. However I do wish we'd stop letting players get to within a year of contract expiry - we've been doing it for years.

Absolutely. It should never have come to this. That is sheer bad planning. Is Kavanagh responsible for it? He seems to have a finger in all sorts of pies right now. Maybe he should concentrate on his fucking job.

Absolutely. It should never have come to this. That is sheer bad planning. Is Kavanagh responsible for it? He seems to have a finger in all sorts of pies right now. Maybe he should concentrate on his fucking job.
Kavanagh is an arsehole.

How is it bad planning?
The contract is there, ready to sign.
As with Jed, it's not the club's fault he hasn't signed it.

He signed a long term contract in Jan 2021. Which means long term mean 2.5 years in this instance. We should never be letting established players, Jake, Jed, Danny now etc getting into their final year. If we were better with recruitment (this pre season aside) then we wouldn't get burnt with shyte like Skalak & Bod and be afraid of giving our best players, proper long term deals, like 4 or 5 years.