Chances of reaching the Play offs?

Millwalljohn

Looking at the remaining games we have... you'd think we'd have a fair chance of reaching the play offs if we had a manager with 'proper' tactical knowledge... but with GR's ultra defensive approach, I'm not so sure :(

It’s defo on, sort of. We beat the blades who knows.
Love another day out at Wembley.
Q P Ha Ha would be fun. They would piss their pants at the thought of playing us at Wembley, no hiding place over there.
Boro would be tasty.

We win 3 or more in a row in this league and you can always be in a shout of play offs... But as hard it is to win 3 games in a row, its so much easier for us to lose 3 in a row with little to no excitement or anything to look forward to, leading to people calling for GR's head.

I'll just make sure to look at the end of the season and cross my fingers.

We are in this position, with probably one of the weakest squads in the League,
because of GR. Just look at the injuries we have had, yet he has managed to navigate that situation. Recently, many people have been praising Shrek as doing a great job. Well, he was 'out greated' last night by GR.

I know it's all about opinions, and quite rightly so. But, in my opinion, I think he deserves a break from all the negative shit until the end of the season.

because of GR. Just look at the injuries we have had, yet he has managed to navigate that situation. Recently, many people have been praising Shrek as doing a great job. Well, he was 'out greated' last night by GR.

I know it's all about opinions, and quite rightly so. But, in my opinion, I think he deserves a break from all the negative shit until the end of the season.
👏👏👏👏

This. 100%.

GR and the players deserve to get at least a play off spot this season, but unfortunately I don’t think it will happen. We’ve lost too many games that, on paper, we should have won or at least drawn: recent games like the home draw with Preston, shockers like losing away to Blackpool and home to Forest, and the worst two of all, losing away to both Huddersfield and Peterborough!

Huddersfield have been in and around the play offs for most of the season, but it was the manner of the defeat that upset supporters. Peterborough hadn’t won in something like 7 games before playing us, and we should have added to that stat, but unfortunately the consistency and desire we’ve shown in the past 3 games, just wasn’t there at that time!

Hopefully, if we can continue this great run, and we keep seeing the same type of performance play and desire from the players, I’d have no problem if JB gave Rowett a new contract! Wherever we finish this season, it is important that JB honours what he said in his letter, when he said, ”we can look forward to a big summer for the club in terms of recruitment and squad-building ahead of 2022/23.” If JB is prepared to give our manager a decent transfer kitty in the summer, where we might be able to prise players like Ballard and Ojo away from their parent clubs, get a like for like replacement for Jed, and certainly one or two decent forwards to play up alongside Bradshaw, I think we’d have a squad that was more than capable of going for the play offs next season!

Spot on.

TBH, I wasn't giving him a hard time... I was more talking about the position of Millwall and GR's defensive attitude, I wasn't saying he was a bad manager just that we were unlikely to get to the play offs... but credit to GR as we are not going down this season, but fair point KB.

Would love a Wembley outing, but am more than happy that we're not struggling at the bottom of the table - which, considering our injuries and sometimes shaky performances, could have been a realistic situation.
As our new blood gain experience, and with the addition of any transfers over the summer, there's no reason we can't push for a top six spot next season. ........ (Although apart from the financial benefits, between you and me, I don't really want to see us in the Premiership).

Somebody posted in another thread - may have been Peckham - that the mantra the club was built on, no one likes us we don’t care, was dead. Sticking together through the good times and the bad. We’re Millwall, we are what we are and couldn’t give two fucks what anyone else thinks. He was bang on the money, and this thread sums it up. 3 weeks ago plenty wanted him hung, drawn and quartered, now talk of a statue in the car park! Couldn’t write it

Somebody posted in another thread - may have been Peckham - that the mantra the club was built on, no one likes us we don’t care, was dead. Sticking together through the good times and the bad. We’re Millwall, we are what we are and couldn’t give two fucks what anyone else thinks. He was bang on the money, and this thread sums it up. 3 weeks ago plenty wanted him hung, drawn and quartered, now talk of a statue in the car park! Couldn’t write it
Bit harsh, re the hung, drawn and quartered bit!

I don’t think anyone on this forum hates Gary Rowett, the man, but for the majority of this season and last, supporters have hated his style of dull, defensive football!

Whether by luck or design, or down to injuries to key players, Rowett has, to his credit, brought in more youngsters this season (in particular Burey), and has recently seen what can happen with a Millwall team that starts and continues on the front foot - we get the grit, determination and good play we had when Rowett first took over - and recently we’ve been reaping the rewards from that!

Whether that continues or not is mostly down to Rowett. If he keeps with a settled side, there’s a good chance we’ll get some more great results. The only problem I can see for him, is what does he do when the likes of Bradshaw, Afobe and Ojo are fit again? Does he keep with the same side that has kept us in play off contention, or does he bring those players back in, and possibly upset the good rhythm the present team currently have?

That’s one decision headache I wouldn’t want to have! :grinning: