Can we have a proper go next season?

Can we have a "proper go" next season?

In my humble opinion we did this season with a very average squad of players (do we have a single player who we feel could play and do well in the Premiership? No) and a plethora of injuries that stretched the squad to it's limits.

Is this the old "if GR was more attacking" chestnut, I think it would have been suicide if we had thrown caution to the wind. Don't get me wrong, I think we could have been more creative with our free-kicks/corners and occasionally given players like Mahoney a few back-to-back games to see what he could deliver but if we had been more attacking I don't think we would have finished as high as we have.

I'll be happy with more of the same because this squad could easily be relegation fodder next season!

Last edited:
After the Blackpool game where our performance was worse than dire, I have it on good authority that there was a major falling out between GR and the Chief Executive. They had to be separated by the players.
Is it coincidence that our whole approach to games improved dramatically after that match?
Who knows?

Other the side of the coin if they go for us we get promotion easily. That's football. Look at Bristol Rovers today.... not been in promotion slot all season, goal difference means they had to score 7 today. Currently winning 7-0!

Unless you are a well funded club you have to accept we will never be spending millions on our squad, not to mention the wages these players command. If that aint your thing then there is always Liverpool.

Gary Rowett has taken pelters all season and has done a sterling job. A clear out over the summer looks on the cards and you never know we may pick up one or two stars of the future, but then we might not. Either way they are still my Wall and I'll love em come what may.

COYL
No need to explain Millwall to me, after all this is my 60th year supporting the club so i think i know the whats what by now.

After the Blackpool game where our performance was worse than dire, I have it on good authority that there was a major falling out between GR and the Chief Executive. They had to be separated by the players.
Is it coincidence that our whole approach to games improved dramatically after that match?
Who knows?
If thats the case my estimation of SK has gone up big time, something had to be said to GR and i hope he chinned him after the Swansea game, how a manager can sit and watch his team get torn apart for 90 minutes and do nothing is not good management.

If thats the case my estimation of SK has gone up big time, something had to be said to GR and i hope he chinned him after the Swansea game, how a manager can sit and watch his team get torn apart for 90 minutes and do nothing is not good management.
It is definitely the case that there was a coming together between the two.
It is also true that our performances improved considerably after that.
Do you believe in coincidences?

It is definitely the case that there was a coming together between the two.
It is also true that our performances improved considerably after that.
Do you believe in coincidences?
Its good to know that we have a CEO with a pair of B******s that will not take any S**t from a Manager which means he has the clubs best interests at heart.

While can obviously expect to see a fair bit of coming and going throughout the summer there is one thing to bear in mind that seems to be escaping everyone’s notice. Among all the ‘Rowett this’ and ‘Rowett that’ no one is mentioning a certain Alex Aldridge in all of this.

When he came back to the club he came with a new job title, namely ‘Director of football and recruitment’, that suggests to me that his input is going to be huge and will directly impact on how we do next season. The question is do you trust him?

If this the old "if GR was more attacking" chestnut, I think it would have been suicide if we had thrown caution to the wind.
It's how many of us and the manager see it, money will always be the biggest obstacle for us.

because this squad could easily be relegation fodder next season!
As we could have been this season and most others at this level. That's part and parcel and part of the beauty and inexplicable madness of supporting Millwall.

i like this playing 3 forwards because all across our attacking players tehre are goals -

burey
afobe
bennett
bradshaw
jed
burke

all of them will score goals. they're all good players at this level.

it's creativity and a bit of verve and guile we lack badly, imo. but if jed stays than that problem will be largely solved, but not completly tho

we need a player who can beat two men in a row, not one. i suspect it's as simple as that. someone who can stretch the play because he can travel well and with intelligence.
What we need are players that are comfortable on the ball, look at Bournemouth Fulham, even Swansea all their players do not panic do not pass the ball to the oppo or boot it upfield or out of play, we do not have the quality or movement to do the same and make it count.

What we need are players that are comfortable on the ball, look at Bournemouth Fulham, even Swansea all their players do not panic do not pass the ball to the oppo or boot it upfield or out of play, we do not have the quality or movement to do the same and make it count.
i totally agree. we are a blood and thunder team in teh main and that only gets you so far.