Can we have a proper go next season?

Wippa

What do people think? The rumours are we’ve got a few quid to spend. Jed may stay. I don’t think the league will be stronger next season with Norwich and Watford coming down. I know we all want one of Everton and leeds to come down but it would probably help our chances more if Burnley did.
We’ve got to be aiming for at least top 6 again. But who knows. A few decent signings and we could have a go at automatics? Or am I just being ridiculously optimistic and a bit naive?

What do people think? The rumours are we’ve got a few quid to spend. Jed may stay. I don’t think the league will be stronger next season with Norwich and Watford coming down. I know we all want one of Everton and leeds to come down but it would probably help our chances more if Burnley did.
We’ve got to be aiming for at least top 6 again. But who knows. A few decent signings and we could have a go at automatics? Or am I just being ridiculously optimistic and a bit naive?
We were never anywhere close to promotion this season. Just to prove it , we were never even once in a play-off spot let alone a promotion place.
There was ridiculous optimism this season but next season - who knows?
I don't believe that aiming for a top six is the same as going for it ("it" being promotion). The big worry is Jed. We never looked good without him.
To be a better team next season needs quite a rebuild and I don't think its going to come, or am I being ridiculously pessimistic?

All this Jed staying talk and money to spend, where is this coming from, car park talk I guess.

Would be great but next season Jed will be playing for another club and we will spend 2 million tops, more like under a million with some funds later in the year.

Its just reality and we will just give it another good go.

I don't think you're out of kilter, fine margins.. a play maker in midfield and some better finishing and we were over the line. Still in the mix until Reading bolloxed it up...

It seems Rowett signs players he has worked with before as they know the way he likes to play, cant see that changing unless Rowett changes, so expect more of the same next season.

We were never anywhere close to promotion this season. Just to prove it , we were never even once in a play-off spot let alone a promotion place.
There was ridiculous optimism this season but next season - who knows?
I don't believe that aiming for a top six is the same as going for it ("it" being promotion). The big worry is Jed. We never looked good without him.
To be a better team next season needs quite a rebuild and I don't think its going to come, or am I being ridiculously pessimistic?
I get slated for being pessimistic, or as one says counting off players

Excellent.... I'll take that, last game of the season with a chance of still making the playoffs, with a tiny budget and injury problems most of the season. Well done Gary.
Problem is, its fine margins, if the draws and 1-0 wins go against us we will quickly be looking at the other end of the table.

Any aspirations of getting to the Premier will not happen punting long balls into the oppo,s half and hoping for dead ball goals from free kicks and corners (especially now Jed seems to be leaving, who takes them) the top six do not play our style of football and until we find players who are comfortable with the ball it will not change, we need to progress to be successful.

Problem is, its fine margins, if the draws and 1-0 wins go against us we will quickly be looking at the other end of the table.
Other the side of the coin if they go for us we get promotion easily. That's football. Look at Bristol Rovers today.... not been in promotion slot all season, goal difference means they had to score 7 today. Currently winning 7-0!

Unless you are a well funded club you have to accept we will never be spending millions on our squad, not to mention the wages these players command. If that aint your thing then there is always Liverpool.

Gary Rowett has taken pelters all season and has done a sterling job. A clear out over the summer looks on the cards and you never know we may pick up one or two stars of the future, but then we might not. Either way they are still my Wall and I'll love em come what may.

COYL