Bradshaw

silverlion

Staff member
New contract….according to NAD.

Makes sense as he is on fire at the moment. Will we now see his form go to the dogs and he won’t hit the back of the net this season? I hope not but this has happened before with others!

Guessing its a new 3 year deal, the post doesn't say.
Good move by the club considering he is the only the first team striker we will have left now come the end of the season. Bod and Smith will most likely be gone. Yet to be seen if Afobe has done enough to earn a contract, and that is if someone else doesnt come sniffing around.

he is a 8-10 goal a season at best (this year me may actually exceed this. He should be a 3rd or 4th choice at a championship club. shows where our forwards are at. Has been shit for years.

Would like to keep Afobe but wages are likely to be on the high side. He certainly puts a shift in and suits us in that regard that’s for sure.
Is there not another Steve Claridge out there? cost us nothing, ran his nuts off, held the ball up well, scored goals and brought the best out of Sads too. If only…
I think Afobe flatters to deceive.

Does he score lots of goals? 🤔 No.
Does he create lots of goals? 🤔 No.
Does he link well with the rest of the team? 🤔 Not convinced!

On the plus side, he works his socks off but we need more than that don’t we 🤷‍♂️

I think Afobe flatters to deceive.

Does he score lots of goals? 🤔 No.
Does he create lots of goals? 🤔 No.
Does he link well with the rest of the team? 🤔 Not convinced!

On the plus side, he works his socks off but we need more than that don’t we 🤷‍♂️
We don’t have a lot of options and from what I’ve seen he has ability. Let’s face it if a player has all the attributes he would not be playing for us. It’s the sum of the parts that count as far as I can see with Wall and if he continues to work well with Bradshaw and allows him to focus on putting the ball in the net (and works his nuts off for the rest of the team) that will do for me.

This is what I expected more of once he got into the side.
Now it appears he is over the injuries settling in alongside Afobe and reminds a bit of Gregory.

We don’t have a lot of options and from what I’ve seen he has ability. Let’s face it if a player has all the attributes he would not be playing for us. It’s the sum of the parts that count as far as I can see with Wall and if he continues to work well with Bradshaw and allows him to focus on putting the ball in the net (and works his nuts off for the rest of the team) that will do for me.
I agree that he's worth his place in the team as it stands. Like you say, we're not exactly spoiled for choice. However, while I like his attitude, he just doesn't strike me a the type of striker who can make those half chances into goals and he'll never get into double figures.
Has anyone seen Oloafe play at Sutton? He certainly seems to be scoring though there's no certainty that League 2 form will transfer to the Championship of course.

Last edited: