Boro vs Wall All Chit Chat.

• Thread starter LionsMet Removed At Own Request
  • Start date
We get this every week don’t we!? 🤫

Boro fans not happy 😉🤣🤣

“Apparently this ref is usually competent, but in this game he decided the result, gave Millwall a point and knocked 2 off Boro. It was an awful decision to ignore an assistant who was in position to give a correct decision and then to compound it by ignoring a Millwall foul.
Ref, you should apologise to Middlesbrough FC and to your assistant because you were poor.”

“Millwall ‘foul’ on McNair was an assault, EFL needs to sort this stuff out. VAR isn’t perfect but if it stops this kind of stuff then that is for the greater good of football. Bennet has been getting away with this stuff for years and it needs to stop”

“I’m neither a Boro or Millwall fan, but having watched the goals on Sky - how on Earth did Millwall get away with scoring their goal. Their move starts in their own half with a foul on a Boro forward, (ignored by the ref) before culminating in an elbow in the face of a Boro defender, before they scored. I’d be a tad brassed off if I was a Boro fan.”

Millwall's man of the match was definitely the referee...
To overrule his assistant who was 5 yards from the foul on Watnore which allowed Millwall to get the equaliser with their only shot on target! Dear me, the standard of officials is getting worse”

“I'm neutral on the two teams in this match but watched it with a mate and as expected Millwall are a horrible horrible team - anti-football - constantly fouling, elbowing, mouthing off to the referee who was appalling today and gave Boro nothing. GBH at times by Cooper and Bennett, and how on earth did that goal stand”

This league is fucking woeful. The standard is shocking this season. It is actually astonishing…
Spot on.

Outside of Fulham, Bournemouth and maybe WBA, promotion is anyone’s for the taking.

The table doesn't lie. I think that there are 3 groups: (1) Fulham & B'mouth (2) WBA down to Sheff Utd (3) The rest. (Derby would be in (2) if not for the points deduction).

We can’t consider ourselves contenders for a top 6 spot until we are rolling in to town away from home and stamping our authority on games. The team has no swagger, belief or nastiness about it. It’s all very flat.

You might be right about the flatness, etc but I disagree that we aren't top 6 contenders for the very reason you suggest: This division lacks quality. Imo any 4 of my Group 2 could reach the p/o; it's all much of a muchness. We've as good a chance as any of them, although heaven help us if we actually did get promoted.

The lino needed a good slap for flagging when Whatmore cut across molly and went to ground. Luckily the ref knew what he was doing for once. Never a foul in a million years. Scrappy game, but I will take the point against a side trying to impress their new manager at home.

It was an awful decision to ignore an assistant who was in position to give a correct decision and then to compound it by ignoring a Millwall foul.
Oh no it wasn't. Their player conned the lino by throwing himself to the ground in anticipation of contact from Malone which never came. It was blatant cheating that should have earned him a yellow card.

I am no lover of refs, like all of us, but he got that one absolutely spot on.
Boro players were throwing themselves to ground all afternoon, and I think the Bennett incident was similar.
He went down far too easily, it seemed to me, and pretended he was badly hurt.

We have conceded goals in similar fashion. It is risky tactic to go down like a sack of spuds if you don't have to. Well done, ref, and not just because we scored. These cheats are the scourge of our game, so it was nice to see them caught out yesterday.

Don't forget also that one of theirs tried a similar trick in the penalty area, but the ref still failed to book him.

I watched the highlights on EFL and I thought it was a typical away performance from us showing some good character and resilience. Ballard was unlucky to slip near the byline to prevent the cross which looped up after a deflection to their bloke on the far post who nodded it in, despite the attentions of Billy. We fought hard to get back into it and I agree with BP that the Lino was conned into waving his flag after Watmore pretended to be poleaxed by Molly. Likewise, the challenge from Bennett was robust but not a foul and Benik took his chance well, even though the deflection from Bamba sent it goalwards.
Again we have Bart to thank for making some decent saves to keep us in it but it was a well earned point. We have only lost four times this season but Wednesday will be a big test and a real yardstick on how we have progressed this season. They are a premiership side in waiting and will be a tough nut to crack.

Ive seen nothing from rowett in 100 odd games that he has any idea of how to beat bournemouth other than to park the bus and hope for a set piece.him and his football is nothing to me.ive watched worse from millwall in my time but at least i realised then we were shit

I'm not sure what those 'Boro supporters are crying about. Judging by their performance yesterday, they're another team who think they are entitled to three points when they play us. Lets face it, the forwards they had on display are no better than ours. To be honest, and I'm embarrassed saying this...
We really should be beating teams like them. :grinning:

I'm not sure what those 'Boro supporters are crying about. Judging by their performance yesterday, they're another team who think they are entitled to three points when they play us. Lets face it, the forwards they had on display are no better than ours. To be honest, and I'm embarrassed saying this...
Think we would have won it had Warnock still been in charge, but the Boro players were up for it yesterday, what with it being Wilder’s 1st game in charge, and the dreaded ‘new manager bounce’ that came with that!

I was worried before the game, thinking we might get a 3 - 0 drubbing, because of that new manager bounce, but in the end, and taking everything into consideration (including the fact that we don’t usually do well up there), its another point on the board! However, as Monkey said up thread, our players didn’t try hard enough to get that win - so was that their fault, or Rowett’s for not instilling belief in them, that they could do it?

We had the rub of the green yesterday , could have been 3 down before they did score but we got a a slice of luck in their box and that the ref missed the elbow in the build up, did not create another telling chance all game and MoM Bart saved us on numerous occasions ,our passing get again was dire and hapless,the forwards( use that word tongue in cheek) need the ball to feet not 12 ft up in the air but it's the same it seems every week, need a 200% improvement on Wednesday or we will be on the wrong end of a result

We get this every week don’t we!? 🤫

Boro fans not happy 😉🤣🤣

“Apparently this ref is usually competent, but in this game he decided the result, gave Millwall a point and knocked 2 off Boro. It was an awful decision to ignore an assistant who was in position to give a correct decision and then to compound it by ignoring a Millwall foul.
Ref, you should apologise to Middlesbrough FC and to your assistant because you were poor.”

“Millwall ‘foul’ on McNair was an assault, EFL needs to sort this stuff out. VAR isn’t perfect but if it stops this kind of stuff then that is for the greater good of football. Bennet has been getting away with this stuff for years and it needs to stop”

“I’m neither a Boro or Millwall fan, but having watched the goals on Sky - how on Earth did Millwall get away with scoring their goal. Their move starts in their own half with a foul on a Boro forward, (ignored by the ref) before culminating in an elbow in the face of a Boro defender, before they scored. I’d be a tad brassed off if I was a Boro fan.”

Millwall's man of the match was definitely the referee...
To overrule his assistant who was 5 yards from the foul on Watnore which allowed Millwall to get the equaliser with their only shot on target! Dear me, the standard of officials is getting worse”

“I'm neutral on the two teams in this match but watched it with a mate and as expected Millwall are a horrible horrible team - anti-football - constantly fouling, elbowing, mouthing off to the referee who was appalling today and gave Boro nothing. GBH at times by Cooper and Bennett, and how on earth did that goal stand”
Obviously some kind of cunt. Ignore, move on.

Spot on Kryan.

I always like to go on our opponents forum after the match (as STWall seems to have done), just to see how well they’ve thought their team has played/how hard done by they were (courtesy of poor refereeing and/or linesman-ship, usually), and it’s nearly always the same: they’ll be one or two grudgingly given positives about how well we closed them down/played, etc. but by and large, the comments will be dismissive of the hoof ball we play, how needlessly aggressive the players are, and that we are the complete opposite of how their manager/team have always wanted to play football! It’s as if (in this instance), Boro are currently storming the league with their slinky skills and powerhouse performances! 🤣