Boro vs Wall All Chit Chat.

• Thread starter LionsMet Removed At Own Request
  • Start date
Its bollox mate. Rowett cant stand Danny or Mahoney.
Its no secret by now.
2 attacking players with pace.
Says everything about Rowett.
Defense minded first.
Danny Mac as to be injured? Or he's caught Rowett up to no good haha
Danny with a bit of pace Conner with some flair and don't make the squad,
Is the Dutch fella any better then Thompson, how much we paying Afobe? No better then Bradshaw I

Same old story. 5 at the back does not suit Cooper or Saville that’s for sure.
It's a weird one as when GR first came in, I personally thought Cooper really suited a back 5. I liked the way he was moving out of position and going wider to create a bit more space and also overload the width a bit more, that lasted for about 10 games. Since then, besides his screamer, he hasn't looked the fitting part in a back 5.

Danny Mac as to be injured? Or he's caught Rowett up to no good haha
Danny with a bit of pace Conner with some flair and don't make the squad,
Is the Dutch fella any better then Thompson, how much we paying Afobe? No better then Bradshaw I
All is not well where GR & DM are concerned mate.
Hes fully fit.

As for Dutch, he's never impressed me personally.
I dont think Rowett will ever have consistency & also dont think he knows his ars from his elbow since his former number 2 left.

But we’re still somehow only three points outside the play offs
But because we don't get that extra goal we will just fall short.
We are no doubt about it a hard team to beat. But that is because as said on here the way GR sets us up, just make sure you don't get beat. Then if you can nick a winning goal, which rarely happens.

We are no doubt about it a hard team to beat. But that is because as said on here the way GR sets us up, just make sure you don't get beat. Then if you can nick a winning goal, which rarely happens.
I don't think we are hard to beat, I think we have been very very lucky in some games this season, Malone (not today) looked poor in the past few games along with Cooper, when Hutch was out we didn't look like we knew what we was doing half the time. just shows how poor this league is this season.

I don't think we are hard to beat, I think we have been very very lucky in some games this season, Malone (not today) looked poor in the past few games along with Cooper, when Hutch was out we didn't look like we knew what we was doing half the time. just shows how poor this league is this season.
Only Fulham (3) and Bournemouth (1) have lost less games than us and West Brom (4). It's not all doom and gloom, only the attacking part of our game is I suppose.

Why does Drawett INSIST on playing 5 at the back...
It doesn't work.
We are always hoping we'll nick a lucky goal here and there, so far we have, which is why we are just outside the playoff's..how long for though ?

In one way I agree but playing devils advocate, it could be looked at that the teams we play arent all that either.
I reckon this is the worst quality we have seen in this division for a very long time.
If we were playing like this against decent teams & who were high quality, we would get mullered most weeks.

not hard to beat....but we have lost 4 games all season.....we are hard to beat. unfortunately we arent good enough to win more games

not hard to beat....but we have lost 4 games all season.....we are hard to beat. unfortunately we arent good enough to win more games
We was very lucky today that we had Bart in goal, if we had say Archer, it would have been about 5-1, we don't look solid in defense, other teams have just been as poor as us in attack.

Our players used to throw themselves in the way of shots, now we just back off and let the other team shoot, we try to force the other teams players wide till back up arrives, we don't put a tackle in, our midfield is poor with tackling, most of our history we have had a tough tackling cm now we have Saville who does nothing and Leonard who is stick in defense, Dutch who is slow and gives away more free kicks then most, Mitchell who is doing the work of 2 players and Thompson who can't get a look in, as for Evans, how he made it as a pro, I'll never know.

Last edited:
A bit ashamed to be Millwall. We offered nothing to that game apart from stifling and hoofing. No attacking threat at all. hat would be ok against Real Madrid. This was against a mediocre team five places below us in the league. We deserved to lose.

Five at the back is not Millwall. We aren’t technical or tactically astute enough for it, unfortunately.

It relies too heavily on our wing backs, and today like many days Malone was not up for it and hid. Leonard is great but isn’t a natural right back either so it is a hinderance - get him in the middle with Mitchell!

We look leaky with the 3 CB’s as it would seem they mark a zone rather than a man - Middlesborough cut us open with balls through the throat several times and we were quite lucky they didn’t capitalise.

Having 3 centre halves puts more impetus on them in possession which is a bad thing unless you’ve got bags of energy in your team and players willing to take the ball who fancy their ability to play around a press. Which we do not. We get the ball at the back and become static. I can’t remember the last goal we scored which came from building it up from the back… more often than not we lose possession needlessly.

A bit ashamed to be Millwall. We offered nothing to that game apart from stifling and hoofing. No attacking threat at all. hat would be ok against Real Madrid. This was against a mediocre team five places below us in the league. We deserved to lose.

This league is fucking woeful. The standard is shocking this season. It is actually astonishing… Outside of Fulham, Bournemouth and maybe WBA, promotion is anyone’s for the taking. We can’t consider ourselves contenders for a top 6 spot until we are rolling in to town away from home and stamping our authority on games. The team has no swagger, belief or nastiness about it. It’s all very flat.

Five at the back is not Millwall. We aren’t technical or tactically astute enough for it, unfortunately.

It relies too heavily on our wing backs, and today like many days Malone was not up for it and hid. Leonard is great but isn’t a natural right back either so it is a hinderance - get him in the middle with Mitchell!

We look leaky with the 3 CB’s as it would seem they mark a zone rather than a man - Middlesborough cut us open with balls through the throat several times and we were quite lucky they didn’t capitalise.

Having 3 centre halves puts more impetus on them in possession which is a bad thing unless you’ve got bags of energy in your team and players willing to take the ball who fancy their ability to play around a press. Which we do not. We get the ball at the back and become static. I can’t remember the last goal we scored which came from building it up from the back… more often than not we lose possession needlessly.
I agree with every word.

If I can see it, and you can see it, and others can see it, why can't our stubborn manager.

I think I just answered my own question with stubborn.