Billy Mitchell

Ilderton Wanderer

I know it’s been said on the match thread and Silvers ‘Just Back’ but how good was Mitchell yesterday?

I love watching him play, he’s got that natural energy and drive that we demand from all our players but he is starting to show some real quality on the ball too, some of his passes yesterday were as good as I’ve seen for a while. Another thing he does well is if he does make a mistake he doesn’t let it affect his game, he just knuckles down and sets about putting it right.

We all desperately want our youngsters to make that step up and Billy is showing real promise at the moment. If he continues to improve at the rate he is then whisper it quietly but we just might have a serious player on our hands.

I know it’s been said on the match thread and Silvers ‘Just Back’ but how good was Mitchell yesterday?

I love watching him play, he’s got that natural energy and drive that we demand from all our players but he is starting to show some real quality on the ball too, some of his passes yesterday were as good as I’ve seen for a while. Another thing he does well is if he does make a mistake he doesn’t let it affect his game, he just knuckles down and sets about putting it right.

We all desperately want our youngsters to make that step up and Billy is showing real promise at the moment. If he continues to improve at the rate he is then whisper it quietly but we just might have a serious player on our hands.
Agreed, he's improving game by game, like you say a few mistakes from him yesterday but it doesnt seem to bring him down. Hope he keeps up this form for us...

He received a really tricky ball in an awkward position first half with two Derby players bearing down on him, I wouldn't have blamed him if he'd just put his foot through it and sent it into touch. But instead he let the ball run and did a very clever turn, making the Derby players overun him and look like mugs, then strode out into midfield with the ball at his feet.
A real bit of composure in tricky situation.

A proper Wall player & is hungry to do well.

Lets hope management dont fuck this up & continue to nurture him correctly.
We have a habit of fucking up youngsters after all.