Best X1 from last 5yrs

I'm not sure Morrison should be there, he's been gone three seasons and was non-existent In his last. Surely Smith's 19 goals trump Morisons 6 In that time (one season before there would be no question that Morison's picked).

I'd have Ferguson over O'Brian and possibly Leonard over Saville but we have been devoid on consistency and quality In that position that It's hard to choose.

Ideally I'd have Thompson just for his spell when he came back from his Portsmouth loan and the fact he's Wall or Infact Cahill just because of the way he galvanised the team, club and fans. That was worth more than the bang average players we've had to chose from In midfield.

I'm not sure Morrison should be there, he's been gone three seasons and was non-existent In his last. Surely Smith's 19 goals trump Morisons 6 In that time
I'd pick Morison ahead of Smith for many reasons, the main reason is purely because Moro can walk faster than Smith can run and isn't a muscle bound target man.

Last edited:
Also Morison combined with Gregory to set up chances for him wheras you don't see Smith creating many goals for others.s
I don't think it's even worth trying to compare them, completely different players albeit in the same position.

I'm not sure Morrison should be there, he's been gone three seasons and was non-existent In his last. Surely Smith's 19 goals trump Morisons 6 In that time (one season before there would be no question that Morison's picked).

I'd have Ferguson over O'Brian and possibly Leonard over Saville but we have been devoid on consistency and quality In that position that It's hard to choose.

Ideally I'd have Thompson just for his spell when he came back from his Portsmouth loan and the fact he's Wall or Infact Cahill just because of the way he galvanised the team, club and fans. That was worth more than the bang average players we've had to chose from In midfield.
I would imagine they are talking about the Savile that departed for Middleborough and on the current form of the Savile we have now I'd rather Bowry or Newman in the middle!.

I'd pick Morison ahead of Smith for many reasons, the main reason is purely because Moro can walk faster than Smith can run and isn't a muscle bound target man.
I was just going by the past 5 seasons where Morrison has either not been here or played very little.

I would say that Smith was more of a definitive presence In his first season with us and to some extent last season than Morrison was In his final couple of seasons, but I would have Morrison In his previous season (6 seasons ago) over Smith's entire time with us all day long.

Untill today I though Smith was 36/37. I just found out he's a year older than me. Even with my current Injured heel I can honestly say that I could move around the pitch with more speed, grace and stamina than he has shown this season.

I would imagine they are talking about the Savile that departed for Middleborough and on the current form of the Savile we have now I'd rather Bowry or Newman in the middle!.
I presumed that but how many seasons ago did he depart and how good/consistant was he In his penultimate season compared to his last when he was one of our best players?

I was taking the question very literally as It's not the team I'd pick If It was my preferred 11. If so I'd have Cahill In there all day long, reguardless of his cameo appearances.

Last edited:
Malone? Not sure on that one. Probably a personal point of view, but I use to be a massive fan of Meredith before his antics. Thought he was the first proper left back we had in years when he first joined. Use to hate him when at Bradford though, always stuck out as a proper C*nt until he joined us, probably why I liked him so much afterwards.

Just makes me think, that first season we went up under Harris, we brought in some quality players that summer, most of whom are still here.

That team on paper are our most successful in terms of goals and what it achieved. Purely based on our League 1 campaign and first season in the Champ.

When you compare the numbers to our current squad of the last year or two, other than Bart? Who makes it into the team above in terms of form?

AOB was suspect, but credit given when due.. he popped up with some very important goals from LM. Who would you have ahead of him? Bennett? Fergie? AOB scored more than the both.

Whats the betting that the above team under Harris beats our current mob? All of which Harris signed...