Benik Afobe

Stoke have just said on there website that afobe can leave as he is one of there biggest wage earners left at the club. I wonder if he would take a big pay cut to join wall as he said he had such a good season at wall, or do you think we could find someone better.

Stoke have just said on there website that afobe can leave as he is one of there biggest wage earners left at the club. I wonder if he would take a big pay cut to join wall as he said he had such a good season at wall, or do you think we could find someone better.
You haven't replied to your Nakhi wells thread yet and now you post another one fishing for opinion. What is YOUR opinion on these rumours made up by oddball bloggers looking for clicks?

If Benik lowers his wage demands and Stoke are happy to let him go on a free, or even cancel his contract by mutual consent then he would be worth signing. We could even give him a small signing on fee if he got really demanding. In fairness we have saved Stoke £15k a week for last season as we paid half his money so the decent thing would be to let him go for nothing. I’m not sure that Stoke will see it that way!
As for Nakhi Wells he has run out of shelf life. Back in the day he was a racing certainty to score against us when he came on as a sub. Nowadays he couldn’t even get a regular game for Bristol City. His next move is probably to Exeter or Yeovil but definitely not to Zampa Road!

Not for me either of them , afumble does not warrant that kind of money on our wage budget if all his wage rumours are true , on Wells I think that particular well as run dry.

i was impressed afobe wasnt a sicknote - he was one of the best forward/strikres we got in on loan over the past decade. One of the reasons we were in the top 10. Considering how much better he was than 2 players the previous year in zahore and parrott were - i wonder how much we spent on those 2 and if it amounted to more than afobe

I would take afobe if he took 10-12k a week, and there was no fee. Him and Bradshaw look like a decent partnership for us. Any higher wages or a fee and I'd let others have him

To me it looks increasingly likely that he will sign for us. Clearly Stoke don’t want him and are keen to get him off their payroll. We paid half of his £30k a week for all of last season so there seems to be no reason why we shouldn’t sign him up for £15k a week next season. He seemed to like playing for us, he struck up a decent partnership with Bradshaw and scored a reasonable number of goals and, as a striker that is what you want to do every week. If he stuck with us there is every chance that might happen. What are his options?
If he goes back to Stoke the first thing they will do is to loan him out again. There might not be a queue to sign him so his options could be limited. There are two sticking points. The first is that Stoke might want a fee for him and we might not be keen to pay any money for him. The second is that he might stick out for £30k a week from us and that would be out of the question. The ball is very much is in Benik's court. Watch this space!

Surely every player must realize there comes a time when they can no longer command the big bucks?
Even on 15 k a week he’d hardly be a pauper, would he?
I think Benik is a sensible bloke and honest too.
Post Covid clubs simply don’t have the cash to splash that they once did, except for those with parachute payments. But he’d be no more than a bench warmer for them.
I don’t think he’d want that.

To me it looks increasingly likely that he will sign for us. Clearly Stoke don’t want him and are keen to get him off their payroll. We paid half of his £30k a week for all of last season so there seems to be no reason why we shouldn’t sign him up for £15k a week next season. He seemed to like playing for us, he struck up a decent partnership with Bradshaw and scored a reasonable number of goals and, as a striker that is what you want to do every week. If he stuck with us there is every chance that might happen. What are his options?
If he goes back to Stoke the first thing they will do is to loan him out again. There might not be a queue to sign him so his options could be limited. There are two sticking points. The first is that Stoke might want a fee for him and we might not be keen to pay any money for him. The second is that he might stick out for £30k a week from us and that would be out of the question. The ball is very much is in Benik's court. Watch this space!
i would assume stoke would be happy with a similar payment arrangement for his final year of contract - so if he wants to come back to Millwall, hopefully Stoke say yes to paying half his wages again so he can bang goals in for us

If we can get ofobe on a fair wage I think he will be okay for wall and wells had a good loan at qpr which made Bristol city buy him but in hindsight he probably has his age against him now
This. Afobe has settled in well, scored goals and will probably get 15-20 goals next season in the championship, which would normally cost a fair packet.

Id offer him a two year deal on £20k per week.

The problem with players on a high wage is that some (not all) live a expensive life style big house, flash cars etc...

Just like anyone, I would assume that they take a look at how much they are going to earn, Afobe is apparently on 30K a week on a x amount of years contract, he may have already committed that money to a house, car, or other things, so may not be able to drop his demands in wages.

Everyone keeps saying that he’s on 30 K a week at stoke. Does anybody really know that or is it just people blowing it out their _______. (of course no one on here would do that) I would think with the year he had he probably can demand a fair wage and if we were going to get him for half of what some say he was getting last year we would certainly have to give him some front money.