Benik Afobe

Very impressed by his post match interview.
Watch it on iFollow.

Seems very articulate.

Thought Rowett's interview was also revealing. Admitted that he would have started Leonard but full of praise for Danny. Will be interesting to see how we line up on Saturday. Same starting XI?

Seems very articulate.

Thought Rowett's interview was also revealing. Admitted that he would have started Leonard but full of praise for Danny. Will be interesting to see how we line up on Saturday. Same starting XI?
Leonard needs to get in the middle & Danny left alone at rb.
Wish he would just accept that its the best line up.
Remove Saville at the expense of Leonard.

Leonard needs to get in the middle & Danny left alone at rb.
Wish he would just accept that its the best line up.
Remove Saville at the expense of Leonard.

Neither Leonard or Mitchell are natural RB/ RWB, Danny is clearly our best option in that position.

Saville has been a disappointment since he returned, but I thought that he and Billy complemented each other well last night and we dominated the middle of the park. I would stick with the same starting XI.

Neither Leonard or Mitchell are natural RB/ RWB, Danny is clearly our best option in that position.

Saville has been a disappointment since he returned, but I thought that he and Billy complemented each other well last night and we dominated the middle of the park. I would stick with the same starting XI.
This.
I want to see us start with the same line up and stick with it. See if we can keep the same team together for a few games.

Let afobe have a good run of games before we totally judge him. Other players might need to know how, and where he likes the ball.
He likes the ball to feet, like all good strikers, him and Bradshaw are both good strikers who make the right runs which is no good if every delivery is either 10 feet in the air or not to the space they are running into.

Afobe is like Trotter, good one game poor for 3 games.
Totally wrong in my opinion. I’ve not seen him have a bad game. As a striker, he leads the line better than anyone I’ve seen down here in a long time. He’s always looking to be on the shoulder of the centre half, makes intelligent runs, presses and chases lost causes and is a handful for defenders. He’s physical but not overly so, rarely gets bullied off the ball. He does his job every week, you might say he hasn’t scored enough but have we created enough as a team? We are averaging exactly 1 goal per game at the moment which has to be a bit of a concern.

Totally wrong in my opinion. I’ve not seen him have a bad game. As a striker, he leads the line better than anyone I’ve seen down here in a long time. He’s always looking to be on the shoulder of the centre half, makes intelligent runs, presses and chases lost causes and is a handful for defenders. He’s physical but not overly so, rarely gets bullied off the ball. He does his job every week, you might say he hasn’t scored enough but have we created enough as a team? We are averaging exactly 1 goal per game at the moment which has to be a bit of a concern.

Spot on. He's a top player. If we give him the ball enough he will score enough. What I like most about him is his mature attitude. He always gives 100% for the shirt. He plays like we would if we had his talent. I can't think of a greater compliment.

Spot on. He's a top player. If we give him the ball enough he will score enough. What I like most about him is his mature attitude. He always gives 100% for the shirt. He plays like we would if we had his talent. I can't think of a greater compliment.

100%. He gets the club, and will be a real asset this season if he can stay fit. I think we are a good fit for him, back with his family in London and enjoying his football, finding his feet. If we work out a way to get service to him in behind, ie with a proper progressive passer in our midfield, he could be a goal machine.

100%. He gets the club, and will be a real asset this season if he can stay fit. I think we are a good fit for him, back with his family in London and enjoying his football, finding his feet. If we work out a way to get service to him in behind, ie with a proper progressive passer in our midfield, he could be a goal machine.

Before the 'Great Reset' I backed him to score 20 goals this season. In any other top 10 team I think that he would be on course for that. I'm not criticising GR for his approach because I think it's the only viable one, but it's a fact that setting up for draw in most matches leaves our strikers feeding on scraps.

Before the 'Great Reset' I backed him to score 20 goals this season. In any other top 10 team I think that he would be on course for that. I'm not criticising GR for his approach because I think it's the only viable one, but it's a fact that setting up for draw in most matches leaves our strikers feeding on scraps.
Being a Millwall forward has been a thankless task for god knows how long…

I like the look of us when Bradshaw is involved, I think he brings something to the table and compliments Afobe well.

In the few games Bradshaw played up top together with Bodvarsson he made him look half decent which is a compliment to the man. Doesn’t get enough credit in my opinion.