Ben Thompson

I suspect he had a six month deal and an agreement he would be released if they were relegated. Clearly good enough for League 1 - maybe Pompey ?
Good call👍

I’ve a friend who’s a Pompey fan who was raving about him when Thommo was there and wouldn’t hesitate to have him back.

Good call👍

I’ve a friend who’s a Pompey fan who was raving about him when Thommo was there and wouldn’t hesitate to have him back.
My mate (a pompey season ticket holder) was gutted when he left. I guess it depends on if the current manager wants him and if they've got anyone in their coaching set-up who worked with him last time. Hope he gets a club asap - he's a decent pro and always put a shift in.

The boy gives his all every game, great engine, top attitude and could out leap most and win balls he had no right to. One of those players that isn’t quite cut out to be a playmaker nor midfield general. He’ll find a club and will continue to improve, much like Bircham did.

Why we didn’t get a fee for Ben, I’ll never know. If GR knew he wasnt in his plans he should have sold him before his contract ran out. Good luck Ben.
I think it was done like that to help Ben out. He was not going to play for us, he was playing in the U23's. So, I believe his contract was terminated and he immediately signed for the Gills.
If my memory serves me correctly, that is.