Ballard

The truth is we were never in for Ballard, interested yes but not a priority unless on loan once we have others in plus what's left with the wages kitty. We have more important positions to fill, Ballard would have eaten up a good few quid in wages, he's not worth nearly £20k a week to us.

Arsenal have attached a few caveats to the deal, buy back clause plus a large percentage of potential sell on fee's. I doubt many clubs in our position would tie themselves to that, it sounds like a glorified loan deal to be honest mate.
Sounds as if your sources are spot on with this one given the news that Burnley have pulled out. if the structure Arsenal want is as you describe it makes paying any large fee worthless particularly given our other more pressing priorities

My sources tell me, there may be some concerns over Ballard's fitness, specifically an old injury. If that is true, cant blame the club not spunking £2m on him and as I've said, we have a very similar build of player on our books in Alex Mitchell, maybe given a chance, he might step up.
I’ve also heard this, something to do with a recurring knee problem

It looks as if we aren’t going back for Ballard and trying to get Leeds centre back Cresswell on loan. Is it his knee ? But that would be pick up in a medical? Or the conditions that Arsenal have attached to any deal?

Regrdless of any injury concerns for us i don't think any thing will happen just now. At best we'd take him loan but at the moment Arsenal are trying to get him off their books for good hence him being up for sale.