Ballard

silverlion

Staff member
GR thinks it is unlikely that he will return to us next season.

I think he is right. He was class for us nearly every time he played in a blue shirt. But for a young player like him it is all about his development. He had a season with Blackpool in League One and help to get them promoted. He has had a successful season with us in the Championship. His next logical move is to play for either a newly promoted Premier League team or one that is in the lower reaches of the Premier league. His development would not be well served by having another season with us. Realistically Arsenal want to see if he has got what it takes playing regularly for a Premier league team against top players. If he has then they will take him back and make him part of their squad. If he hasn’t then they will sell him for a shed load to any club that wants to buy him. Sad, but that’s how football works. Best of luck Dan. You served us well.

Speaks volumes though Rowett saying who we have as replacements, Leonard and Mitchell, massive lack of ambition, I’m not against our youngsters coming through but Mitchell ain’t ready at this level yet!

Anyone know what's happened to Hayden Muller? I know that he returned from St. Johnstone in January but he seems to have disappeared off the radar since then. Rowett doesn't give him a name check in the article

According to TransferMarket online he has another year to run on his contract. He did feature on the bench up until a few games ago so maybe he is injured?

Has anyone seen Alex Mitchell play? He looks a unit but can he pass it or is he another lower division hoofer? Be great if we get another academy player into the first team.

Has been a great loan signing for us. Wore the shirt and got involved. Good luck to him. Hope we can find someone to replace him.

Spot on silver, Arsenal will want him in the premier league with someone. Failing that Arsenal will probably send him on loan to one of the favourites in the division.

For me, he had a great season. Worked hard for the shirt, showed class and will undoubtedly play in the premier league at some point.

After his first half dozen games I thought we had a player there and that it would take some serious money to convince Arsenal to let him go. Great season all in all and I wish him the best. Certainly be keeping an eye out for him in the future