Atmosphere Saturday….

Nayland is lovely and that whole area Dedham Vale is stunning. Constable country. Kersey is a knock out. But Aldeburgh is great. We go there most times we're in Suffolk. Lighthouse and Regatta great restaurants. Beautiful county all round and unspoilt. Not ruined by cockney cunts like me as other areas have been😁
Or me! 😉🤣
Yes been to the Lighhouse and Regatta. Naga Munchetty was in the latter last time we were they, although we fcuking hate her! 🤣 We also stay in Woodbridge and recommend https://www.galley.uk.com/content/one-page for fine dining and the The Cherry Tree for more informal pub lunch/dinner.

Lavenham, Southwold, Walberswick, Dunwich and even Felixstowe despite being a container port. Good mooch along the seafront and Old Felixstowe, need a few quid to live there, nice pub the Ferryboat, where you can get a small passenger ferry over to Bawdsey, and Bawdsey Manor, the first fully operational radar station in the world. Used by the RAF.

Last edited:
Or me! 😉🤣
Yes been to the Lighhouse and Regatta. Naga Munchetty was in the latter last time we were they, although we fcuking hate her! 🤣 We also stay in Woodbridge and recommend https://www.galley.uk.com/content/one-page for fine dining and the The Cherry Tree for more informal pub lunch/dinner.
Missus says she's already told me about the Cherry Tree😂 Thanks for those. Yet to visit Woodbridge but look forwarding to it.

The thing is about Atmosphere obviously lots on here knew the old Den and what football on the terraces was like in them days
its the one thing even the most ardent fans of football these days will tell you is not as good as the old days the atmosphere.
They will say everything else is better normally

Honestly think when you are sitting you are not as vocal as standing 99 per cent of time
If there was a standing area even now i would go in that area
i think this little clips shows the passion and energy, just time moving on
I still think our crowds noise wise are up with the best

Maybe we need a singing section ala the boys dressed in black from surrey :(

Even our away support is changing. At Hull I’d say around 40% of our fans were families and a large amount of middle aged women among that. There is a hardcore few hundred 15-18 year olds trying to keep it going and fair play to them but when the Hull fans were singing you’re not scary anymore it’s hard to disagree. I thought our support at Hull was quite poor to be honest.

We had Dutch, a group of 12 or so Germans, a lot of faces I didn't recognise even a group of Israelis behind us in our block yesterday. Not going to be much of an atmosphere when half the crowd don't even know the players.

Even heard of a French group in the Kitchenet ffs*

think i am about 20 years now, stone cold sober. i gave it all up - the drink, the drugs and you're right, best thing i ever did. the thing with being sober people don't get is that life becomes so much more easier, and easier to enjoy for drinkers like i was. people think life will become boring, the opposite happened for me. everything became better. going to millwall, relationships, hobbies, etc. even going clubbing. the idea of getting back on it literally makes my body cringe. takes time though and patience but eventually, for me at least, the idea of returning to it just became a nonsense idea.

Apart from the drugs bit...I can relate to all that. Especially the sentence I highlighted.
:thumbup:

It scary how quickly our support seems to have changed. I used to take to piss out of my mates from the north London clubs about tourists and hipsters thinking it would never happen at ours….but here we are. Is it just a spell because we are doing well who knows? but it’s not Millwall to me anymore. The club must be loving the extra revenue and will be loving the new sanitised Den. If we get promoted it will be final nail in the coffin and we will be just another London club no different to Brentford.

Even our away support is changing. At Hull I’d say around 40% of our fans were families and a large amount of middle aged women among that. There is a hardcore few hundred 15-18 year olds trying to keep it going and fair play to them but when the Hull fans were singing you’re not scary anymore it’s hard to disagree. I thought our support at Hull was quite poor to be honest.
Think a lot of the problem is cost these days.

The economy is in a shit state, prices going up everywhere - petrol, food shopping, even going to the flicks can cost you an arm and a leg, and that’s if it’s just you and the missus. Christ knows what it would be if you took a couple of kids with you - tickets plus the hot dogs, popcorn etc. and by the end of the night you’ve stumped up north of 60 quid just to see a two hour film!

The problem with the Championship is that 2 thirds of it are games north of Watford! There are 5 clubs in the Midlands (including Norwich on the East Coast), 11 clubs from Lancashire up to the Scots border and 3 over to the South West/Wales! The only ones ‘local’ are Luton, QPR, Reading and Watford, which have had good turnouts!

It’s a lot to expect supporters to visit all of these far away games when the cost of living is so expensive! Supporters could have a scenario where we‘re at home on a Wednesday, then up to Boro on the Saturday, followed by a trip to Hull the following Tuesday! That sort of schedule is punishing and very expensive just for one supporter! Taking a kid or two with you as well, and you would need to rob a bank first!

It scary how quickly our support seems to have changed. I used to take to piss out of my mates from the north London clubs about tourists and hipsters thinking it would never happen at ours….but here we are. Is it just a spell because we are doing well who knows? but it’s not Millwall to me anymore. The club must be loving the extra revenue and will be loving the new sanitised Den. If we get promoted it will be final nail in the coffin and we will be just another London club no different to Brentford.
Unlikely to become ST holders. If by some miracle we went up I would expect 90% of the ground to be ST's and spare seats to be bought by them for mates & family.