Atmosphere at grounds

I have to say I thought the atmosphere on Saturday was very good.
In parts but nothing continuous.

Also there was some very welcome wit when blocks 1 and 2 started singing 'You're shit and your Dad's a cunt' to the geezer and his boy In the beige.
He was a div, basically offering out the west upper when he's supposed to be looking after his kid. Not into the mum and dad slagging to be honest, not us for me. The- your mums a slag- your dads a nonce song is fucking cringeworthy and should be left to the school playground or the Nigels. We're probably the best when it comes to a piss take and invention but those songs are embarrassing.

I sit in Block one mostly, sometimes block two, used to be plenty of bods that would get a monks chant going along with other songs. Many tried Saturday but not many willing to join in, it's nothing like before the lockdown for whatever reason. The east upper lot were noisy and kept it going, that usually sparks the rest of the ground, it didn't on Saturday.

I thought it was decent Sat, because I coach Saturdays during season I don't get to the Den apart from early and late season, what struck me was the average age - when I first went to football 70's in was mixed, 80 manly teenagers. 90's those teenager's now 30's and more teenagers now it's 50's ? could be the upper West and the rest of the ground is more mixed but you do think about where the next generation is coming from

Overall though decent atmosphere Sat, had a few in row in front of us from the Tokyo Millwall supporters branch, I hope their go pro picked up the c~~ting the lino got

Certainly in most Premiership clubs there are no fans just consumers being sold an entertainment product. If the entertainment is better elsewhere they’ll go elsewhere. There’s no passion. Why is this woke crap so successful in the Premiership? Cos the consumers by and large like it.
I was talking to some fucking halfwit in the pub a few months back who said he supported Man City but was really looking forward watching how Newcastle got on this year, couldn't see why you could change your girlfriend (which he didn't have) but not your football team!
Lad he was with was Italian and supports AC Milan, couldn't get his head around it. I left the cunt to it. Probably pit celebrating Liverpool's Charity Shield victory as we speak. The prick.

I was talking to some fucking halfwit in the pub a few months back who said he supported Man City but was really looking forward watching how Newcastle got on this year, couldn't see why you could change your girlfriend (which he didn't have) but not your football team!
Lad he was with was Italian and supports AC Milan, couldn't get his head around it. I left the cunt to it. Probably pit celebrating Liverpool's Charity Shield victory as we speak. The prick.
Cut him.

Atmosphere never been the same since we moved from The Den.
All-seater stadia has sanitized the enjoyment we all used to take for granted, win, lose or draw. Think it's the same for most clubs, Not just us. Of course it helps if the quality of the football is there. Night matches usually best.
never really sure that the Club wants us there. We seem to be considered as a problem to be 'managed', rather than an asset. JB excepted. If we felt valued, we might also be prepared to spend more stay longer etc.
It’s easy to forget that it’s nearly 30 years since we left the old place and all seater grounds have been the norm in the top two divisions for that amount of time so really even anyone aged around 30-35 wouldn’t have no recollection of what it was like with terraces years ago.

We do better than most at Millwall believe it or not even it comes to generating a bit of atmosphere. Other matches nowadays especially in the premier league are played out in a atmosphere like a night out at a west end theatre with firework displays and light shows thrown in, at least down in the championship you still get the odd game with a bit of spice to it.

My grandaughters dad is a gooner. I said the other day its time we take her to a game now shes 5. I respect its his girl and would have gone to see Arsenal. He said yes we should. lets go to a wall game, theres no atmosphere at the Emirates. Says it all.

# Shh. I think he is scared of my daughter who is a wall fan :grinning:

My grandaughters dad is a gooner. I said the other day its time we take her to a game now shes 5. I respect its his girl and would have gone to see Arsenal. He said yes we should. lets go to a wall game, theres no atmosphere at the Emirates. Says it all.

Ha ha..... brilliant.
I've almost got my little grandson doing the monk's chant. Once he has it perfected, and toilet trained, he's coming with me.IMG-20220803-WA0009.jpg

My son calls me a dinosaur from a different generation, i say what i see with no fucks given, alas those days have long gone . Now its about taking part no winners or losers with a non binary lifestyle, football as most on here know it has long gone and like the rest is now the domain of the left young leaning thinkers.

I loved getting the 36 bus from Camberwell meeting up with mates in the Albany a few beers later staggering round to the CBL having a good sing song, taking the piss and heading home for a curry. now i can barley be arsed to go.

The difference is , getting a train, no local pubs , sitting watching football/ soccer not in a big group bouncing up and down giving it , in a soulless stadium and going home.

Post covid has really killed and atmosphere , just a couple of songs most weeks or just betting on how many throw in we have to make bet fair richer.

There is a little group of youth trying to get things going again but with all the cameras, mics and banning orders in place we just sit there.

most prem grounds are full of trippers and there is a lot to be said of fans in the lower leagues.

In parts but nothing continuous.

He was a div, basically offering out the west upper when he's supposed to be looking after his kid. Not into the mum and dad slagging to be honest, not us for me. The- your mums a slag- your dads a nonce song is fucking cringeworthy and should be left to the school playground or the Nigels. We're probably the best when it comes to a piss take and invention but those songs are embarrassing.

I sit in Block one mostly, sometimes block two, used to be plenty of bods that would get a monks chant going along with other songs. Many tried Saturday but not many willing to join in, it's nothing like before the lockdown for whatever reason. The east upper lot were noisy and kept it going, that usually sparks the rest of the ground, it didn't on Saturday.
Don't get me wrong I agree with what you said about the nonce slag song, same as you take It up the arse, you take It up the arse. I find that one especially tedious.

However I liked the way this one unfolded, as even though he was with his boy (who was encouraged to act up), he was being called out specifically albeit slightly Indirectly. Unlike the others above It was spontaneous, reactionary and directed even If not the most Imaginative.

To me that's no different asking who the fat cunt or the wanker In the green Is.

In a similar vein, took my nephew to last home game before lockdowns v Bristol City. He's Man U - born there and lived there a fair bit so some justification - but loved the atmosphere at Millwall. Said it showed up Old Trafford!

Thought the atmosphere last weekend pretty good. Always better when there's something at stake - playing Leeds or result desperately needed. Not sure we have much beef with Stoke and think we expected to win but a good start to the season.