Arsenal’s Balogun on loan in January

silverlion

Staff member
Fat Dan on LionsTV has a strong rumour via Jake Sanders that the lad could be coming in January. Has scored 15 goals with the 23’s this season. Dan is uncertain whether it would be a better bet to bring Oloafe back from Sutton instead. The jury is out on that one. I think I am right on saying that Balogun came on for the Gooners when we played them in that hastily arranged pre season friendly. Or am I just dreaming that?

He did score against us in the pre season friendly as it is on his show reel on YouTub. Other than that he didn’t look that good. He goes down like a sack of potatoes in the box to get a pen and then needs a couple of attempts to score from the spot. Could be a fancy Dan as he struts around the pitch. Might be a better bet than Parrott but who isnt? Not sure he is the answer.

rather give the young footballers a go than a journeyman drawing the wedge. As long as if it does not work out they are moved on, the Parrott situation was tiresome for all.

Bring back Olaofe from Sutton.
If this is the type of signing we are actually going to be bringing in, then I'd absolutely agree with your comment. Got to put the trust in our own players. I've literally no idea why we would showcase other teams players rather than trusting and bringing through our own.
Another similarity to this is Ojo + Mahoney, Mahoney can do all what Ojo does, plus some (when he's on his game)

Bring him back and save some wedge. We really need to give our youngsters a run out on the first team bench earlier than we do.
This.
The only way we can find out if he can make the step up is to bring him back.
As you say, he would save us money.
We could have the answer to some of our goalscoring problems already at our club in him. Give him a go GR. There's nothing to lose.

If this is the type of signing we are actually going to be bringing in, then I'd absolutely agree with your comment. Got to put the trust in our own players. I've literally no idea why we would showcase other teams players rather than trusting and bringing through our own.
Another similarity to this is Ojo + Mahoney, Mahoney can do all what Ojo does, plus some (when he's on his game)
Ojo hasn’t pulled up any trees since he’s been with us, so maybe Rowett is thinking about ending his loan with us in January, and using his money to pay for Balogun?

Perhaps Rowett will be hoping that Balogun can be the bullet that will fire us up the league?

(see what I did there?) :grinning:

We wont get him & frankly dont want him either. Itll be another flop.

But we will end up flogging Olaofe on a free & bring in another Evans.

We keep fucking our youngsters up & its not good.
The lad is scoring for fun, get him in & let him have a pop.

Highly rated at the Arse, so unless we can get an 18 month loan deal, in my mind pointless short term signing. We wont go down, we wont make the play offs. January we ought to address the fact we could be losing all four of our 'forwards' come the end of the season. If we can bring in someone permanently then we should.

Ojo hasn’t pulled up any trees since he’s been with us, so maybe Rowett is thinking about ending his loan with us in January, and using his money to pay for Balogun?

Perhaps Rowett will be hoping that Balogun can be the bullet that will fire us up the league?

(see what I did there?) :grinning:
Majestic :thumbup:

Members online