Anyone remember seeing this?

I remember one of my mates got into the players lounge after we played Forest once and Clough was pissed out of his head, he could barely stand up.

Can’t remember which year but as I remember it, John Seasman’s own goal (could have been someone else) in our last game helped Forest to a one nil win and into a promotion place. Palace then capitulated with their games in hand leaving Forest promoted. They won the league the next year & the European Cup the year after (or something like that) None of this might have happened if we hadn’t gifted them a win at their place

Can’t remember which year but as I remember it, John Seasman’s own goal (could have been someone else) in our last game helped Forest to a one nil win and into a promotion place. Palace then capitulated with their games in hand leaving Forest promoted. They won the league the next year & the European Cup the year after (or something like that) None of this might have happened if we hadn’t gifted them a win at their place
More scored the own goal- 76/77 season. You sure it was the Nigels and not the spotters that capitulated?

More scored the own goal- 76/77 season. You sure it was the Nigels and not the spotters that capitulated?
Thank you for the fact checking Peckham (I did it from memory) apparently it was Bolton who had three games in hand that messed up

“On 7 May 1977, Jon Moore's own goal meant Forest in their last league game of the season beat Millwall 1–0 at the City Ground.[28] This kept Forest in the third promotion spot in the league table and dependent on Bolton Wanderersdropping points in three games in hand in the fight for third place.[29] On 14 May Kenny Hibbitt's goal from his rehearsed free kick routine with Willie Carr gave Wolves a 1–0 win at Bolton.[21][30] Bolton's defeat reached the Forest team mid-air en route to an end of season break in Mallorca.[21] Forest's third place promotion from the 1976–77 Football League Second Divisionwas the fifth-lowest points tally of any promoted team in history, 52[7][15] (two points for a win in England until 1981)”

Staff online

Members online