Another friendly

It’s good that GR is trying to keep the players fit with these extra games, but I think it’s a bit of an own goal that Wall themselves might play a game without supporters present. Quite apart from a potential revenue loss, what we saw during lockdown games was that missing supporters had a major effect on how good or bad a team played.

Then, as it is now, home support can be that much needed twelfth man from the stands, and definitely help the players if they are struggling, or if they are being roared on to get an equiliser or get another goal to win the game!

It’s good that GR is trying to keep the players fit with these extra games, but I think it’s a bit of an own goal that Wall themselves might play a game without supporters present. Quite apart from a potential revenue loss, what we saw during lockdown games was that missing supporters had a major effect on how good or bad a team played.

Then, as it is now, home support can be that much needed twelfth man from the stands, and definitely help the players if they are struggling, or if they are being roared on to get an equiliser or get another goal to win the game!
Reckon It'll be a team that if they wanted fans the ob would call it off. London based prem side maybe

Last edited:

Doubt we have to worry about revenue lost. I bet the attendance figures for friendlies barely cover the cost of playing the game in front of fans.

Doubt we have to worry about revenue lost. I bet the attendance figures for friendlies barely cover the cost of playing the game in front of fans.
I get that, just thought some revenue could be clawed back if the club charged, say, a tenner for each adult, and a fiver for kids, and once in, the club can offer up for food and drink, thereby giving the club a bit of extra revenue.

Think with a 4 week break of no Championship football, Wall supporters might jump at the chance of seeing a live game or two, before the Championship resumes in December!

These games are arranged at short notice and are of little interest to the paying punter. Not that i think many would go, Christmas is around the corner and the transport is up the creek. No crowd saves the club applying for a safety certificate and clearance from the OB, they'll also save on operating costs for the match. There's lots of hoops to jump through before a game gets the go ahead.

I 'd imagine any game before the restart will be about keeping the players fit and at the same time injury free, the result won't matter.

Yes. Cash flow isn’t a problem. I bet the club shop has been coining it in during the break. Errrr, hold on a minute.🤪
Hey, don't knock the Club Shop bought some nice shorts in the sale for slobbing about the office in, from there the other day...I was after a coffee mug like but y'know you get what you're given!