An Americans Guide to Croydon...

When I grew up in Bermondsey in the 70’s I thought Woolwich was posh… then we moved there…. Soon realised I was very wrong!!!

Reading all these replies I've come to the conclusion that my thoughts are right...all of south london is shit now :rofl:

.......... and Grove Park!

:thumbup:
Funny thing is I was born croydon moved to camberwell,then pecham,new cross,grove park then slowly moved ot to chislehurst,petts wood,and am now happily retired and ensconced on kent/ east sussex border.Not much happens round here.

We went to a party at a friend of QotJ's house in Sanderstead back in the summer. It was a very nice house in a rather nice, leafy location. I was speaking to the friend and commented about the nice location, she replied "yes it's lovely here, and I can walk into Croydon town centre"... My jaw sort of dropped and before I could regain control of my brain I spurted out "why on earth would you want to do that??!". She looked a bit affronted and said "I'm a Croydon girl". I swear I've never heard anyone proud of the fact that they come from Croydon. Its like some kind of futuristic nightmare.