Agent Harris

The National league is in many ways stronger than league 2.
Only 2 clubs are part time now, one of which is Dorking. One of their officials told me recently that the fitness difference is the problem they have, which may catch up with them come next May. Clubs like Wrexham and Notts County are also getting incredible gates now too and have new backers, so financially if you are a bucket case club like Scunthorpe, Oldham or possibly Gillingham there's only one way you're going.

If the Gills job does go tits up in the near future, and he doesn’t get back into management straight away, I wouldn’t mind Harris working with our forward line.

He would show the likes of Afobe, Bradshaw and Olaofe how to put the ball in the back of the net - hopefully on a more consistent basis than they have been so far this season!

Harris did a magnificent job for us as manager and it’s only retrospectively that we realise just what an absolute shit state the club was in after the incompetence of Lomas and the utter disaster that was Holloway.

Holloway in particular very nearly ruined this club and left us with a bloated squad of aging journeymen and in some cases outright mercenaries not to mention his extortionate pay off that crippled us financially for a long time. Harris came in and bravely set about taking us back to basics by putting his faith in young players and by bringing in dedicated experienced pros. To have us challenging for promotion from league one within a few months was nothing short of a miracle.

Make no mistake Neil Harris laid the foundations for where we are now. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility to imagine that we could very well have ended up where our contemporaries at that time like Gillingham, Bradford, Scunthorpe or Southend find themselves right now but for his managerial reign. He had the dignity and class as well to take responsibility and admit when the time came that he had took us as far as he could, a virtue that a rat like Holloway could only dream of.

It sounds like Bomber had got an impossible job on his hands at Gillingham and while I couldn’t give less of a shit about the caravan dwellers down the A2 I would always wish Harris the best of luck.
Couldn’t agree more mate 👍

I would like to think Harris has friends at Millwall who could help him out in his hour of need.
No love lost for Gillingham, however Neil needs new players and what better way to loan him some of our youngsters to do this and for them to gain vital experience.
As a afterthought, if these promising youngsters gelled in league two, they could continue to do so in our team of the future.

Last edited:
The National league is in many ways stronger than league 2.
Only 2 clubs are part time now, one of which is Dorking. One of their officials told me recently that the fitness difference is the problem they have, which may catch up with them come next May. Clubs like Wrexham and Notts County are also getting incredible gates now too and have new backers, so financially if you are a bucket case club like Scunthorpe, Oldham or possibly Gillingham there's only one way you're going.
Fitness levels are the only thing that separates most clubs from League 2 all the way down to Kent County. Down at those lower levels the quality difference is extremely marginal, only the 'better' sides are a lot fitter.

Harris did a magnificent job for us as manager and it’s only retrospectively that we realise just what an absolute shit state the club was in after the incompetence of Lomas and the utter disaster that was Holloway.

Holloway in particular very nearly ruined this club and left us with a bloated squad of aging journeymen and in some cases outright mercenaries not to mention his extortionate pay off that crippled us financially for a long time. Harris came in and bravely set about taking us back to basics by putting his faith in young players and by bringing in dedicated experienced pros. To have us challenging for promotion from league one within a few months was nothing short of a miracle.

Make no mistake Neil Harris laid the foundations for where we are now. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility to imagine that we could very well have ended up where our contemporaries at that time like Gillingham, Bradford, Scunthorpe or Southend find themselves right now but for his managerial reign. He had the dignity and class as well to take responsibility and admit when the time came that he had took us as far as he could, a virtue that a rat like Holloway could only dream of.

It sounds like Bomber had got an impossible job on his hands at Gillingham and while I couldn’t give less of a shit about the caravan dwellers down the A2 I would always wish Harris the best of luck.
Now this ........... is a great post.

To me Harris is, and was, Millwall to the core
Will always be spoke of highly from me.

Those slating him, should hang their heads in shame

I'm not sure when this happened, but Kenny Jacket has joined Neil Harris at Gillingham. Also, Andy Hessenthaler has been appointed as well:

As it happens, it looks like NH could do with some help. The Pikeys have started to drift away at the bottom, although they do have two games in hand:

1.JPG

I'm not sure when this happened, but Kenny Jacket has joined Neil Harris at Gillingham. Also, Andy Hessenthaler has been appointed as well:

As it happens, it looks like NH could do with some help. The Pikeys have started to drift away at the bottom, although they do have two games in hand:

View attachment 20608
They were appointed last week.

Top post. You can add to that he is a top bloke. One of the few genuine nice people I've met in football. Thinking about it, one of the nicest blokes I've met full stop. Maybe that's one of his downfalls as s manager, but if being a top bloke is one of your worst traits, you're not going far wrong.

Top post. You can add to that he is a top bloke. One of the few genuine nice people I've met in football. Thinking about it, one of the nicest blokes I've met full stop. Maybe that's one of his downfalls as s manager, but if being a top bloke is one of your worst traits, you're not going far wrong.
Went on a stag do a few years back with him. Blinding fella

Purely on the basis that NH put his heart and soul into us as a player, and a manager (after being thrown in at the deep end), I would certainly like to see him succeed as a manager at whatever club he's with. I don't think his committment to, or ambitions for Gillingham is in any doubt.
The fella, like most of us, still has a wife and family, and bills to pay.

Staff online

Members online