Agent Harris

Kryan Bing

Do you think he has taken the Pikeys as far as he can? Or can he go the full distance and take them into non-league football?
Six goals in 18 games makes for a fucking grim statistic.

The Caravan dwellers are not happy either:

1.JPG

Look a bit deeper and you might find a club in decay and no money to rebuild.
Not sure why anyone at Wall would enjoy seeing him having a hard time after what he has achieved for us over many years.

To be honest, I couldn't give a fuck about them. We've been through the mill before and I doubt if we were on their Christmas card list at the time.

As for Neil Harris, I don't enjoy seeing him struggle and haven't been one for digging him out in the past. It was just an observation and light-hearted banter, aimed more at the Pikeys - Fuck 'em.

Gillingham havn't been able to keep pace in the last decade and what money they have has been pumped into the first team and it has caught up with them, no youth set up worth speaking off, no money to finish off the ground.
Harris said on his first day that there wasn't a tactics board owned by the club and no recruitment set up.
Scally has had health problems and can't get outside investment, he has now stepped down and I'm not sure if he could give the club away.
Sacking Harris isn't as straight forward as it might seem, apart from the expense, who can they afford to do a better job?

There was a time in the last 30 years where they were our equal on the pitch and today we see Oldham, Scunthorpe and Torquay in the relegation zone of the Conference, the downward slope can be a long one.

Indeed, as the Spotters are now finding out.

If Gillingham drop into The National League, they will have a right old job trying to get out of it. There are a few experienced Yo-Yo teams in that league.

View attachment 19996

There is also Ebbsfleet Utd who are favourites to be promoted into the conference, they could be the Gillinghams Boxing/ New year derby fixture next season and both their playing budgets could be similar as Ebbsfleet have a wealthy owner from Kuwait.
Relegation could be the end of the club.

Are we building the new training ground with so many pitches just so we get good income from the likes of Gillingham and charlton when they have no ground of their own and have reformed as a non league club?

Let's not start digging at Harris too much and be thankful for Bart, Hutch, Cooper, Murray, Bradshaw, Burey, Leonard. All still mainstays of the first team squad when fit three years after he left. That's without even mentioning Jed and others who have now moved on but served us well.
I personally hold no ill feeling towards Harris. Loved him as a player, just found him limited as a manager.

Harris knows a lot about football but cannot turn that into being a decent manager .....needs to be head of football behind the scenes somewhere not at the sharp end....like Jackett would do a Decent job in that role

Harris knows a lot about football but cannot turn that into being a decent manager .....needs to be head of football behind the scenes somewhere not at the sharp end....like Jackett would do a Decent job in that role
Might be the ideal person for us to have running the new training ground in some way.
The reason for all those pitches are to have all age groups training in one place and I could see him being great for us if he was overseeing it from top to bottom on a daily basis.

Harris did a magnificent job for us as manager and it’s only retrospectively that we realise just what an absolute shit state the club was in after the incompetence of Lomas and the utter disaster that was Holloway.

Holloway in particular very nearly ruined this club and left us with a bloated squad of aging journeymen and in some cases outright mercenaries not to mention his extortionate pay off that crippled us financially for a long time. Harris came in and bravely set about taking us back to basics by putting his faith in young players and by bringing in dedicated experienced pros. To have us challenging for promotion from league one within a few months was nothing short of a miracle.

Make no mistake Neil Harris laid the foundations for where we are now. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility to imagine that we could very well have ended up where our contemporaries at that time like Gillingham, Bradford, Scunthorpe or Southend find themselves right now but for his managerial reign. He had the dignity and class as well to take responsibility and admit when the time came that he had took us as far as he could, a virtue that a rat like Holloway could only dream of.

It sounds like Bomber had got an impossible job on his hands at Gillingham and while I couldn’t give less of a shit about the caravan dwellers down the A2 I would always wish Harris the best of luck.

Harris did a magnificent job for us as manager and it’s only retrospectively that we realise just what an absolute shit state the club was in after the incompetence of Lomas and the utter disaster that was Holloway.

Holloway in particular very nearly ruined this club and left us with a bloated squad of aging journeymen and in some cases outright mercenaries not to mention his extortionate pay off that crippled us financially for a long time. Harris came in and bravely set about taking us back to basics by putting his faith in young players and by bringing in dedicated experienced pros. To have us challenging for promotion from league one within a few months was nothing short of a miracle.

Make no mistake Neil Harris laid the foundations for where we are now. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility to imagine that we could very well have ended up where our contemporaries at that time like Gillingham, Bradford, Scunthorpe or Southend find themselves right now but for his managerial reign. He had the dignity and class as well to take responsibility and admit when the time came that he had took us as far as he could, a virtue that a rat like Holloway could only dream of.

It sounds like Bomber had got an impossible job on his hands at Gillingham and while I couldn’t give less of a shit about the caravan dwellers down the A2 I would always wish Harris the best of luck.
Good post

Is Scally still chairman there?
If so, Neil deserves a medal for putting up with him.
Must have been a real shock after JB.

A fine, honest and correct summary.