70's CR & Caulkers

A few CR’s were known by the whackers, notably from the peckham and walworth areas where they grew up together, seen a handful of them go with us on “ big occasion” games, two brothers D & R, and “K”.. they were accepted by the Salford reds and the rest is history.

Wasn’t it one them South London CRs that done BG with a cup of steaming hot tea to the mush on a train back from Manchester after a Man Utd/West Ham match?

Wasn’t it one them South London CRs that done BG with a cup of steaming hot tea to the mush on a train back from Manchester after a Man Utd/West Ham match?
I’m not sure on that one mate but it wouldn’t surprise me as they were a game firm, was reading on another site about man United and wall not showing there in 1974, well I’ve been told on good authority they did, the removal lorry story with wall getting stopped by the OB was one and Millwall turning a buffet over at Manchester Piccadilly getting tooled up and running hundreds of them who lay in wait, Millwall also in the scoreboard paddock and spilling onto the pitch with Harry cripps saying to one of ours “ well done son” or words to that effect, after the game the CR’s were locked in the first carriage back to Euston and getting a bit trappy with old bill blocking any access into their carriage, wall fuming and gunning for them as soon as they disembarked at Euston, on arrival at Euston they had vanished, apparently slipping off at Watford junction.. if I’ve got this wrong please feel free to correct me ..

I’m not sure on that one mate but it wouldn’t surprise me as they were a game firm, was reading on another site about man United and wall not showing there in 1974, well I’ve been told on good authority they did, the removal lorry story with wall getting stopped by the OB was one and Millwall turning a buffet over at Manchester Piccadilly getting tooled up and running hundreds of them who lay in wait, Millwall also in the scoreboard paddock and spilling onto the pitch with Harry cripps saying to one of ours “ well done son” or words to that effect, after the game the CR’s were locked in the first carriage back to Euston and getting a bit trappy with old bill blocking any access into their carriage, wall fuming and gunning for them as soon as they disembarked at Euston, on arrival at Euston they had vanished, apparently slipping off at Watford junction.. if I’ve got this wrong please feel free to correct me ..
Cali was there E1 as you know. His version is blinding. Have you had the pleasure? I've left that site. Too many never got done bullshitters. But one interesting little story came up. A fella on there said he had two Southend mates who hitched a lift in that van after a game at Burnley and shat themselves realising it was Milllwall. That was BW's lot.

Last edited:

Members online