24 Years ago tonight

Ilderton Wanderer

Walsall away in the Auto Windscreens. One of my favourite ever away games, the night we finally made it to Wembley. It was only a tinpot competition but at the time it meant the world to us, all those years of not playing there and thanks to Sadliers goal we finally made it.

Brilliant support that night as well, and a couple of fantastic pitch invasions the first of which came after the opening goal where it seemed the whole Millwall end emptied onto the pitch and raced up the other end to personally congratulate Sads. There was no way we were losing with support like that, at the final whistle we once again poured on and celebrated along with the players. There was a great bond between players and fans at that time and was a memorable moment in what was a brilliant few years following the club.

Twenty four fucking years…….

Finally getting to Wembley, a dream come true!!
From standing outside the Frog at bollocks o'clock on a Sunday morning, with a carrier bag full of booze, waiting for a bus to the Elephant, right up until staggering legless, into the World Turned Upside Down, sometime Sunday evening, was I day I will never forget...
:grinning:

Meant so much to me at the time. The run to the final too. Beating the pikeys in the southern final with the golden goal in extra time- me and my brothers near the South Stand goal and the players came running over to us to celebrate and we were virtually in their huddle when some loon behind us literally lunched himself virtually over our heads into the players. Fucking brilliant.

Then, being at Wembley for the first time, thinking of my late Grandad that took us to our first game. Wall everywhere. Sea of empty Carlsburg plastic bottle around the ground and literally wading through them to get anywhere at helf time. Getting to the car after the game, we all pissed up the side of a Wigan motor- laughing at the owners when they returned as we pulled away. Smoking tokes on the way home and the “same old ‘wall” conversations and how the referee was a cunt. Magic.

With I believe in miracles (sexy thing) blaring out at the final whistle, and a mob of walsall turning up at the exits as well

Walsall away in the Auto Windscreens. One of my favourite ever away games, the night we finally made it to Wembley. It was only a tinpot competition but at the time it meant the world to us, all those years of not playing there and thanks to Sadliers goal we finally made it.

Brilliant support that night as well, and a couple of fantastic pitch invasions the first of which came after the opening goal where it seemed the whole Millwall end emptied onto the pitch and raced up the other end to personally congratulate Sads. There was no way we were losing with support like that, at the final whistle we once again poured on and celebrated along with the players. There was a great bond between players and fans at that time and was a memorable moment in what was a brilliant few years following the club.

Twenty four fucking years…….

Just started a new business so I was working and didn’t get there till half time, then heard my car number plate announced over the tannoy so had to move it. Got taken out by a steward and passed a couple of actual cells where they were holding some fans that had been “detained” till after the match. But most of all I remember the pitch invasion after the goal (could have sworn he scored up our end but 24 years is a long time)

A great night, I remember Theo had come down to us on the touchline to tell everyone that they were going to try to get the game called off because they were losing. And going to blame the pitch invasions

I’m sure he had a massive shiner that night.

A great night, I remember Theo had come down to us on the touchline to tell everyone that they were going to try to get the game called off because they were losing. And going to blame the pitch invasions

I’m sure he had a massive shiner that night.

Paphitis was in the pub before the game, can't remember which one but it was close to the ground, never bought us all a drink though.