2020-2021 League Ladders Review

PurleyLion

Staff member
Summary of Season

Game 1:
Yours truly storms into the lead by cannily using my Away Joker for the Crawley game and maintains it until game 3 after playing my Home Joker for the Cheltenham game. But League Ladders is a marathon not a sprint and he never revisited the top again.
Game 4: LennyTheLion storms to the top after playing both jokers in quick succession and remained there until Game 17 when DensLions and Liz Wall edge to the top of the table.
Game 19: Millwall-84 joins DensLions at the top but only 3 points cover the top 6.
Game 23: DensLions stormed into a massive 12 point lead after playing his 2nd joker and picking-up 10 points and remains top until Game 43 when LennyTheLion and Liz Wall return to the top of the table.
Game 47: After a run of predicted 1-0 Lion victories LennyTheLion edges away from Liz Wall. Looks like a 2 horse race to the end.
Game 49: Liz Wall closes the gap and DensLions and yours truly are back in the picture with an outside chance.
Game 50: Liz closes to 2 points. It’s all down to the last game!
Game 51: The Lions abysmal performance presents the title to LennyTheLion:cup:.

Peckham’s defence of his 2019-2020 title was faltering before he took his sabbatical and didn’t improve much when he returned;)

Special Mention

The Almost Brilliant Best Prediction of the Season
Coldblower:
Last game 6-1 prediction. Unfortunately, he predicted Millwall winning not Coventry :grinning:

Colourful Predictions Award:
MillwallJohn
, in the absence of any competition, retained his crown again.

Consistency Awards
Chopboysie
and Smirnoff for stretching their consecutive 5-0 and 2-1 Lions victory predictions respectively to over 100!

The First Time Ever Award
DensLIons
for gaining a maximum of 10 bonus points when playing his jokers:clap:.

Last but not least.
For those of you who love statistics, in total 1805 predictions were made (down on last season’s 2328 – probably due to COVID restrictions ;) ) 1108 (61%) forecasting a Lions victory, 426 (24%) draw and 271 (15%) Lions defeat confirming most predictions were made using the heart rather than the head and proving, once again, that on the whole our fans are extremely loyal and optimistic.

That's all for the time-being.

Enjoy the summer-break, stay healthy and COVID-19 free 🙏😷

Last edited:
Silverlion quite rightly receives thanks every week for his efforts with his "just back" reports.
It seems to me that Purely also deserves a massive vote of thanks and a round of applause for the many hours of work he must put into League Ladders.

Even though I do not participate, I would like to propose that vote of thanks here.
Well Done, mate, sincerely.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: