1985 FA Cup Replay

R.O.D

Love peoples recollection of events and games....but did anyone go to this one?

I missed it but made all the others in that cup run (with exception of Weymouth away).

Anyway in my teenage minds eye Palace were a bigish fish back then, mainly due to Venables legacy 3 or 4years prior sowas absolutely besides myself when Brileys goal went in and ut came up on Ceefax/Teletext....loved the game at home with Fashanu equalising but missed this one

Who went and also actually remember a few things from that evening?

1631129405794.png

I went, recall it had been snowed off a couple of times before it was played, walked from Crystal Palace Parade, loads of Millwall there that night.

1 Down early on, Les Briley equalised and the 2nd Half we were on top but had to wait for the winner, a good break down right, lovely cross by Steve Lowndes and Steve Lovell running up the middle like a train, puts a bullet header in the net and the away corner goes mad.

I went, recall it had been snowed off a couple of times before it was played, walked from Crystal Palace Parade, loads of Millwall there that night.

1 Down early on, Les Briley equalised and the 2nd Half we were on top but had to wait for the winner, a good break down right, lovely cross by Steve Lowndes and Steve Lovell running up the middle like a train, puts a bullet header in the net and the away corner goes mad.
I was there that night, I lived a mile down the road from Selhurst at the time. It was a cracking header to win the game.

Definitely Dean Neal scored last minute equaliser at the den . Replay was called off loads of snow.
When we finally did play, I remember us being crammed in the corner of the ground, fuckin rammo. Ayllot scored for them very early,don’t remember anything about Brileys equaliser ,
But I can remember Lovells bullet header in their holmesdale end where we were crammed in the corner.
We went mental and sung it all the way to the station. A bloody cold night but lovells header gave us that ready brek glow.
Then onto Stamford bridge for another fun night in many ways.

I was there. Great night, then it always is when we beat The Nigels.
Think they beat us in the league just before this one. Can anyone confirm please?

Definitely Dean Neal scored last minute equaliser at the den . Replay was called off loads of snow.
When we finally did play, I remember us being crammed in the corner of the ground, fuckin rammo. Ayllot scored for them very early,don’t remember anything about Brileys equaliser ,
But I can remember Lovells bullet header in their holmesdale end where we were crammed in the corner.
We went mental and sung it all the way to the station. A bloody cold night but lovells header gave us that ready brek glow.
Then onto Stamford bridge for another fun night in many ways.
Ready Brek glow. Quality 1964!

Stamford bridge where wall took overthink this was
Stamford bridge where wall took over
Think this was the night Millwall had tickets for gate 13, Chelsea got terrorised in there, loads of Jekyll tickets ensured millwall’s finest to gain entry into their main “chaps” enclosure in the east stand, we met at the elephant that night and if my memory serves me right we alighted at West Kensington 🤔.. fun and games unfolding en route to the ground with skirmishes all over the gaff, a good 400/500 wall on the March, weren’t there a fire in the north stand too that night 🤔
Stamford bridge where wall took over

Think this was the night Millwall had tickets for gate 13, Chelsea got terrorised in there, loads of Jekyll tickets ensured millwall’s finest to gain entry into their main “chaps” enclosure in the east stand, we met at the elephant that night and if my memory serves me right we alighted at West Kensington 🤔.. fun and games unfolding en route to the ground with skirmishes all over the gaff, a good 400/500 wall on the March, weren’t there a fire in the north stand too that night 🤔
The fire in the North Stand was just a bonfire for us too EIO around whilst dancing like red indians:red::red:

i think we've set fire to a few things at S.Bridge over the years :grinning:

Definitely FA Cup game in 85, and League game in 89....and possibly (although werent there) i think Milk Cup game in Autumn 84?