New Cross Rangers, very loose Football connection

4evaLions

Used to go there early 60s. Great memories and can still recall the smell of burning Castrol! Also used to be taken to the greyhound racing by the olds in the late 50s.
Anyone have any similar memories?
Happy days!

Used to go there early 60s. Great memories and can still recall the smell of burning Castrol! Also used to be taken to the greyhound racing by the olds in the late 50s.
Happy days!
Definitely one for the oldies on here (like me)! My very first memories of Millwall were sitting on my dad's shoulders, walking along the back corridor of the Grandstand, on the way to the Dogs, think it was 3 nights per week. Corridor was dark with just a couple of bare light bulbs, but every so often there was a flash of green, the Millwall pitch, illuminated by the floodlights. My mum worked in the Tote booth, and my Dad who ran a pet shop stood with his gambling cronies next to the stepped entrance to the Restaurant, quite close to the winning line. Hence he was known as'Budgie'. My parents, and I, made life-long friendships there, probably lost a lot of dough,but I never went hungry.
Don't know if anyone on here noticed the Tote Display building in the background of a photo on the R.I.P. For Richard Plume thread. A nice touch of Nostalgia.
we also went to the Speedway, and remember that special smell from the Bikes. My Mum 's Favourite Rider was Split Waterman and Barry Briggs.
happy days indeed!

Happy days!
Dragged to the greyhound racing all the time, Don't ever remember watching speedway

Blimey, that brings back memories. The stadium also hosted Stock Car racing. Nowadays the SpeedwAy is held but in the streets .