Team v Cardiff

silverlion

Staff member
I intentionally left my post until late Friday morning in a vague hope that we might have signed somebody in the transfer window. At this point it looks unlikely. When it got to later last night and they said that Styles was travelling down to London for a medical I concluded that unless he was travelling down by Rocket then wouldn’t make it! Who knows? So for now I am ruling him out of my team selection.
This is a must win game against a side note that will be busting a gut to beat us. They are just above us in the league but Moro and Mahlon will do all they can to get one over on us. I am not sure they will manage it! They have made almost as many signings as Forest but it always takes time to bed new players in….as we have found out.

There we’re some encouraging signs at Burnley with Flem showing that he does have what it takes. There was some good movement and a few promising signs of joined up football so let’s hope that continues tomorrow. One certainty is that Bart will wear the gloves unless GR thinks that his fumble for their second goal needs a change between the sticks. I think that is unlikely. Danny will have to be at his best but with limited competition for his shirt I think he will start. The first big debate is whether GR might consider a flat back four or persist in playing five. It is a tough call and a good topic of debate. My thoughts are that if you can get your wing backs high and they can be a threat then the present system works well and I would stick with it. You can always change later, as we have done in our last two games. Hence, I think that Hutch, Cooper and Cresswell will be the back three and Murray will be the LWB.

If that is the formation who do you play as your midfield two? For me, Billy has to start alongside Sav but there could be a case for Shack or Honeyman. It’s a tough call. Three up top was the preferred line up at Turf Moor and maybe that would be his preference for tomorrow. There are options here. Flem has got to start as he could be the key to unlock this game. Is Vogi the one to play down the middle or does Bradshaw keep his place. And do you give Burey a start as he is the only one with pace to attack Mahlon down their right? Another tough call.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Hutch Cresswell Cooper Murray
Billy Sav
Flem Bradshaw Burey

Subs Long Molly Evans Honeyman Shack Vogi Benik

Now that we have signed Styles the big question is can he start tomorrow, even on the bench. Anybody know?

Bart, Shackleton, Cooper, Hutch, Cresswell, Styles, Honeyman, Saville,Flemming, Hammer, Bradshaw.

Bart
Danny, Hutch, Wallace
Shackleton, Honeyman, Flemming, Saville, Burey / Styles
Afobe, Vogl. 352
OR
Bart
Danny, Hutch, Wallace
Shackleton, Honeyman, Saville, Burey /Sty les
Flemming, Bradshaw, Vogl. 343
I live in hope that he ditches the back 5,sick and tired of fucking saying it.
COYL

442 Diamond

Bart

McNamara Hutch Cooper Wallace

Mitchell

Honeyman Saville

Fleming

Voglhammer Burey

Now that we have confirmed the signing of Callum Styles and IW has also confirmed that he is available for tomorrow do you think that GR will put him straight into the starting eleven? Or maybe on the bench or sit him in the stand so he observes first hand our patterns of play.
From the pic on the OS of him standing on the pitch in the dark I would suggest that the poor lad never arrived in wonderful south Bermondsey until 9/10 pm and after the pic had to go and stay in a Premier Inn for the night. He would hardly have had time to unpack his jammies and tooth brush before it was today and he was in for training at Calmont Road.
I would further suggest that he might get a seat on the bench instead of Evans if he is lucky.

His showreel looks impressive….as they all do….but could this spell the long term end of Molly and also the chance for Topalloj to go out on loan in January. The latter might have his chances of a game limited if indeed we have bought Styles to be a LWB. On the theme of the transfer window I did note that despite clubs queueing up to sign Oloafe on loan or permanently he is still with us until at least January. Interesting days ahead!