New Centre Back on loan?

In that case, and as you said, both Mitchell and Muller need to go out on loan again, both probably to league 1 sides, and if it’s seen that they can’t step up to the Championship, then the only other alternative is to sell them!

Do you think GR is thinking the same about Olaofe? That he needs to make the step up and be loaned to a league 1 side, before GR makes a decision on him?

Having said that, I thought Mitchell, Muller and Olaofe had gone to Ireland, so GR could run the rule over them?

Yes I think that’s probably the case but I think with Mitchell it’s a cert that he’ll go out on loan hopefully at a higher level after doing well for Orient. I’m not sure about Muller, he certainly has talent and I was surprised that he didn’t do quite as well up in Scotland although it might not have been a good fit for him.

Ideally we could loan the pair out to a lower half league one side like Charlton for half a season and see how they do. If they can handle big games in the cauldron of the vallley in games against the likes of Accrington Stanley and Forest Green then maybe look at bringing them back into the fold.

This is one thing that does my nut in with GR.

He’s done well with the players he’s brought in, but if this rumour is true that he’s after the Weeds lad as CB cover, why doesn’t he promote Alex Mitchell instead?

The money saved on paying Weeds half this players weekly salary, could go towards another forward loanee! I say that, because it doesn’t seem that GR fancies Olaofe, and at 22, the lad seems to be treading water and going nowhere (except probably out on another loan.)

Same for Hayden Muller. He is a right back, so that position will be more natural to him as cover for Danny (instead of using Leonard), if Danny is injured or suspended. Muller can also play at centre back and in midfield, but it looks as if he and Mitchell will go out on loan again!

Maybe it would be more prudent to save the rest of the transfer money till the January window. See where we are at that point, and move to get in more players if certain major players get injured or suspended, as that is likely to happen around Christmas and into January. It would be a shame to be top six (or better), around that time, and not have any money left to get in new players who can help keep us in the good position we hope to be in at that time!
I'm sure Rowett knows what he's doing and the reasons why.

Yes I think that’s probably the case but I think with Mitchell it’s a cert that he’ll go out on loan hopefully at a higher level after doing well for Orient. I’m not sure about Muller, he certainly has talent and I was surprised that he didn’t do quite as well up in Scotland although it might not have been a good fit for him.
The club know what level they're at, i'm sure they'll get a chance if and when they're ready just as Mitchel and Danny Mac did. The leeds player is supposed to be very useful and has under 21 international experience too. It's a no brainer in my opinion and a better option than Ballard for various reasons, the obvious one's being he has no fitness doubts, cheaper wages and unlike Ballard he's not for sale.

Last edited:
The club know what level they're at, i'm sure they'll get a chance if and when they're ready just as Mitchel and Danny Mac. The leeds player is supposed to be very useful and has under 21 international experience too. It's a no brainer in my opinion and a better option than Ballard for various reasons, the obvious one's being he has no fitness doubts, cheaper wages and unlike Ballard he's not for sale.

Agree. I also think as a fan base we get too attached to loan players that do well, Ballard being the latest. I’ve even seen people on Twitter begging JB to ‘bring him home’.

Supporters need to accept that players like Ballard and Molumby have no attachment to the club and will go and play wherever is best for them and going forward to accept that we’re going to have to use the premier league loan market every year just as wisely as other clubs do.

I’ve even seen people on Twitter begging JB to ‘bring him home’.
He's been kidnapped? I'll phone the A Team.

Some bods are screaming for Ballard, won't listen to the common sense and truth that other posters are applying. At the same they're time calling for defenders with no league one or championship experience to be considered ahead of much better quality. The mind boggles, This shit won't end either, we have another season of forensic nit picking, bed wetting, comical assertions and hysterical meltdowns. The internet is a cunt.

Supporters need to accept that players like Ballard and Molumby have no attachment to the club and will go and play wherever is best for them and going forward to accept that we’re going to have to use the premier league loan market every year just as wisely as other clubs do.
Yep, we have no choice if we want to compete. If fans ran their clubs most would go out of business very quickly. You cannot run a business on emotion and whims.