Rumours

Good player. 22 years old, been on loan at Sunderland, Cardiff (under NH I believe? Maybe not) and most recently Birmingham). Premier League clubs bid for him last year knocked back by Wolves.

I don’t see Pearce as good enough cover personally. If one of Cooper, Murray, Hutch get injured then we are light in that area as Ballard may not be match fit until mid Feb/March.

However, our priority has to be at the other end of the pitch.

News coming out of the Netherlands this evening reckons we are sniffing around a 25 year old attacking midfielder from Utrecht. As well as having bids rejected for another Dutch kid. At least we are broadening the horizons.

I think there are some very cheap gems out there in Europe - our domestic market for players has become a bit of a joke.
Norwich find plenty from the continent, mainly germany

I notice Jermaine Defoe is available on a free from Rangers. Legs most definitely have gone but still has the ability to tuck away a chance.

With our striker shortage, worth a contract until the end of the season? 🤔
That would mean we would have to get the ball Into the box for him.

As per the chances Afobe missed against Forest 🤔
He should have scored one but the rest were half chances In a crowded box. More often than not, unless you're the top few percent, they don't go In In the Premier League.

Defoe Is a player with ability and who's played at the top level, he would want decent service that didn't come from a ball hit In from out wide on the off chance It would find him. A ball played through the middle might be a nice start. Or a drive that Is Intended for a specific target and not a hit and hope job across the goal mouth.

Our lack of creating proper chances Is our biggest problem. Not the lack of scoring the few half chances we create.

When he played for Wimbledon against us or after he joined? If the latter, I can understand but the point I was making was Harris signed him on the strength of his performance against us and I think most of our fans who witnessed that game probably thought he was a good acquisition.
One of your first “Just Backs” Purley?
And Elliott didn’t flinch when he got the “you stole my stereo” treatment.

Defoe is 39 years old!

Just ponder that for a moment!

39 years old!

I thought Rowett wanted players in who were much younger, thereby bringing the average age of our players down, across all positions? What other club in the Championship has a 39 year old forward playing for them?

By all means sign him up on the attacking forward coaching part, as with his knowledge and experience, he would do wonders for Afobe, Oloafe and Lovelace (if the latter two can get any 1st team games), but God, no, keep him away from the playing side of it!

Defoe is 39 years old!

Just ponder that for a moment!

39 years old!

I thought Rowett wanted players in who were much younger, thereby bringing the average age of our players down, across all positions? What other club in the Championship has a 39 year old forward playing for them?

By all means sign him up on the attacking forward coaching part, as with his knowledge and experience, he would do wonders for Afobe, Oloafe and Lovelace (if the latter two can get any 1st team games), but God, no, keep him away from the playing side of it!
Who said we were in for him?…