So come on, how many of you Naysayers have buckled yet?

onlyagame

So whose had a sneak look? Left the news on & seen the World Cup goals. “Well I can’t turn the news off, the missus is watching it” Or been down the pub and caught a glimpse on the big TV screen? “Well I’m not really watching it, I just popped in for a swift light ale, I can’t help it if the landlords got it on”
So seriously, how many of you lot have not “watched a minute of it” yet? :ROFLMAO:

Apologies I watched England, but only on catch up, I managed to avoid the score beforehand. Then this morning, shock of all shocks, found myself willing the Saudi's on, was having brunch and happened to stumble across them one down at the time, 'stuffing' the Argies with two great goals. Never thought I would spend so long rooting for the Saudi's, feeling I was getting one over on the "hand of God". It was compulsive viewing that second half, only spoilt by ole big ears afterwards. Time for the beeb to make some huge savings please and get rid.

So whose had a sneak look? Left the news on & seen the World Cup goals. “Well I can’t turn the news off, the missus is watching it” Or been down the pub and caught a glimpse on the big TV screen? “Well I’m not really watching it, I just popped in for a swift light ale, I can’t help it if the landlords got it on”
So seriously, how many of you lot have not “watched a minute of it” yet? :ROFLMAO:
Hand on heart, I haven’t seen one second of it!

I‘ve even stopped looking at a YouTuber I follow, because, as a Yank, he’s interested in following his side’s games against us and the sheepshaggers! 🐑

I don’t want to give FIFA, the FA, Beckham, Jug Ears on the BBC, TalkShit or Gonk and his squad of hypocrites a single second of my time!

I hope the ratings tank disastrously for the channels covering this WC, as they and every one else I’ve mentioned, come to realise their moral cost for selling out for their thirty pieces of silver!

All of them should hang their heads in shame!

Apologies I watched England, but only on catch up, I managed to avoid the score beforehand. Then this morning, shock of all shocks, found myself willing the Saudi's on, was having brunch and happened to stumble across them one down at the time, 'stuffing' the Argies with two great goals. Never thought I would spend so long rooting for the Saudi's, feeling I was getting one over on the "hand of God". It was compulsive viewing that second half, only spoilt by ole big ears afterwards. Time for the beeb to make some huge savings please and get rid.
The only problem I’ve got with this is the word “brunch” have you just come back from America?

I've seen bits and pieces because the kids have been watching it, saw the first half hour of the England game because it was on in the work canteen, saw none of yesterday's games and won't see any of today's. Just looking forward to Wigan, one of my lot said yesterday that England's quarter final would be the evening of the Wigan game, so I'd miss that travelling home and if they made the semi I'd miss it because of a work Christmas do. The only opinion that has changed for me is that I have even less respect for the gonk and Kane after shitting themselves over the armband. 'I know 6 500 people died, but If I make a noise, I'll be booked I tell you, booked.' That was the final nail in my WC coffin

I caught the last 10mins of the first half of the Australia v France, intrigued as to who was on the BBC panel, no surprises and then there was a short indoctrination into the climate/carbon footprint that this world cup in Qatar has generated and the royal "WE" football supporters can help reduce it...The BBC never give it a rest...Thankfully I'm a little busy helping the local builder doing renovations to my gaff and a little knackered to pay any real interest in the evenings...Although, my son has started a sweepstake I got Mexico, won't watch any games but will seek out their results.

To be honest I never realised how much the news is flooded with the poxy World Cup. Every time I turn on the radio or TV it’s there or it comes up on my news feed when I’m on the phone. Can’t bloody escape it. Must be a right mare for those who don’t follow football.

Glad to say I haven’t watched a game yet, although during the England game I might as well have, I couldn’t escape all the poxy updates.

I caught the last 10mins of the first half of the Australia v France, intrigued as to who was on the BBC panel, no surprises and then there was a short indoctrination into the climate/carbon footprint that this world cup in Qatar has generated and the royal "WE" football supporters can help reduce it...The BBC never give it a rest...Thankfully I'm a little busy helping the local builder doing renovations to my gaff and a little knackered to pay any real interest in the evenings...Although, my son has started a sweepstake I got Mexico, won't watch any games but will seek out their results.
I've got an idea on reducing carbon footprint, don't send 200+ staff to the fucking desert when you could do the job from a studio in England.

Second idea, ban prem clubs from flights of less than an hour. Spurs chartered plane to fucking Norwich, must have taken 10 minutes.

Virtue signalling hypocrites each and every one of them

Well thanks for your honesty to the ones that haven’t managed to avoid it and as to the brave souls that have stuck to their principles then we’ll done :clap:
Actually I think their stoic efforts could go down as the greatest protest in history ever. Forget Wat Tyler, forget Rosa Parks, forget the Purple Hearts thrown at the Capitol Building during the Vietnam War, forget the tank bloke in Tiananmen Square :wagging:
No this protest, the “I’ll come downstairs in my dressing gown and I won’t put the bloody telly on protest” will go down in history. I’ve heard Bob Dylan is penning a song about it as we speak, I just hope you lot get some of the film rights to it :whist: