World Cup Official Thread

defensively we are all over the place.

This is what i believe holds England back, the gonk is all about not conceding so essentially plays five defensive players against poor sides.
Still don't know what Declan Rice brings to the team.
Then you have slabhead in defence, a weak spine will cause more problems for an already shaky defence. Irans goals were decent but way to easy, Slabhead at fault for the first. Iran created chances, a stronger opposition will cause England bigger and more testing issues. Same weaknesses and misquided player loyalties on show from a man who played in defence, but can't manage one.

Yes we scored six but conceded two.
Going forward we are not bad, but defensively we are all over the place.
If Iran can score 2 against us I dread to think what the Argies will do.
They are unbeaten in 36 games and I don't think we will end that record but hope I'm wrong.
Still don't know what Declan Rice brings to the team. He's bang average as a premier league player let alone an international. ( I always dig him out, maybe it's because he's a vermin player).
The two we conceded were because McQuire was suffering with double vision and the other was never a pen compared to the rugby tackle on him early on. Rice provides a lot of energy and covers other’s errors. Credit where it’s due rather than partisan views clouding judgement. 🤷‍♂️

The two we conceded were because McQuire was suffering with double vision and the other was never a pen compared to the rugby tackle on him early on. Rice provides a lot of energy and covers other’s errors. Credit where it’s due rather than partisan views clouding judgement. 🤷‍♂️
Agree about McGuire and the penalty but Rice I just don't think is international standard.
Also think Pickford in goal is sometimes a liability.

Yes we scored six but conceded two.
Going forward we are not bad, but defensively we are all over the place.
If Iran can score 2 against us I dread to think what the Argies will do.
They are unbeaten in 36 games and I don't think we will end that record but hope I'm wrong.
Still don't know what Declan Rice brings to the team. He's bang average as a premier league player let alone an international. ( I always dig him out, maybe it's because he's a vermin player).
Was unbeaten 🤣

I'm going to get a stop watch for the next england game, to see if they can take the knee any quicker than they did today. About 1.6 seconds is the time to beat. I generally believe it's coming home. Not the world cup but the knee bending speed record.
The Knee was a shambles, no refs signal of when to do it as they were counting down to start the match so they were all over the place and looking round to see if they were all doing it, hilarious

Agree about McGuire and the penalty but Rice I just don't think is international standard.
Also think Pickford in goal is sometimes a liability.
ED have a look at this which explains his talents and contributions better than I can.

ED have a look at this which explains his talents and contributions better than I can.
That's all well and good and great in theory, but in reality he's playing for a team a few points off the relegation zone so how effective or good is he!