Flemming’s “Goal”

From a website called FLW, which I think stands for football league world. This is about Flemming.

The Championship club broke their transfer record to sign the attacking midfielder from Fortuna Sittard for £1.7million in the summer and are starting to see that move pay dividends.

He was excellent in Saturday’s 2-1 win over Blackpool – threatening throughout and opening scoring with his first goal for the club after 15 minutes.

Goal given to Flemming. If anyone;'s due a payout from the bookies but they're still trying to withold take them IBAS. They're a neutral ombudsman who settle diputes by the book, have done so for me a few times. Ignore what the bod behind the counter tells you, contact your bookies customer services, if they don't comply go to IBAS. You have to go through procedure first, which is to try and settle it with the bookie, if no joy, IBAS will take up your case. Good luck!

Goal given to Flemming. If anyone;'s due a payout from the bookies but they're still trying to withold take them IBAS. They're a neutral ombudsman who settle diputes by the book, have done so for me a few times. Ignore what the bod behind the counter tells you, contact your bookies customer services, if they don't comply go to IBAS. You have to go through procedure first, which is to try and settle it with the bookie, if no joy, IBAS will take up your case. Good luck!
Bet365’s rules regarding first goal scorers:

“Subsequent enquiries by official bodies will not be considered for settlement purposes.”

And Ladbrokes

“Where there is a dispute concerning who scored the goals in a match, bets are settled on the first result published by the official source/governing body or alternatively the official website of the relevant event, immediately after the match/event is finished. Any subsequent corrections or amendments to this result will not apply for settlement purposes”

It’s the same situation when Horse Race results are overturned in midweek appeals or when Grand Prix results are amended after the podium presentation.
Worth trying with the bookies because you might get an ex gratia payment but IBAS stick strictly to what’s written in the bookmakers rules

Worth trying with the bookies because you might get an ex gratia payment but IBAS stick strictly to what’s written in the bookmakers rules
Not always as i found out and which favoured me. It's worth trying, regardless- never trust a bookie. The other option is to raise it on social media. Tweet the bet and tag the bookies in, bad publicity for them which they don't like.

Last edited:
Bet365’s rules regarding first goal scorers:

“Subsequent enquiries by official bodies will not be considered for settlement purposes.”

And Ladbrokes

“Where there is a dispute concerning who scored the goals in a match, bets are settled on the first result published by the official source/governing body or alternatively the official website of the relevant event, immediately after the match/event is finished. Any subsequent corrections or amendments to this result will not apply for settlement purposes”

It’s the same situation when Horse Race results are overturned in midweek appeals or when Grand Prix results are amended after the podium presentation.
So IBAS and The bookies are in bed together?

Another useless bit of information but Flemmings “goal” has now given Malone his fourth assist of the season (albeit probably all from corners) which is the joint second most in the division (Chair has got five)
Well it at least demonstrates to the boo boys and sofa managers that Malone does at least cross the ball fairly decently otherwise the others wouldn't be able to get on the end of them and score.

On a similar vein, our other whipping boy Evans, who does put in the effort when needed imo. Bloke sat a few rows behind us in block 2 consistently calls "Evans f#ck off" every time he comes out to warm up. I know who I would prefer to do that.

Fuckin robbing bastards
I have no knowledge of the current UK betting regulations but my advice, for what it's worth, is to keep an eye out and see if the 'Dubious Goals Committee' do eventually credit Fleming with the goal.

If they do I can't see how they can fail to honour your bet? It will be official in the view of the EFL. What more do they want? Good luck.

I have no knowledge of the current UK betting regulations but my advice, for what it's worth, is to keep an eye out and see if the 'Dubious Goals Committee' do eventually credit Fleming with the goal.

If they do I can't see how they can fail to honour your bet? It will be official in the view of the EFL. What more do they want? Good luck.

It was confirmed yesterday by the EFL that it was Flemmings goal and bookies are still not paying out.

Fuckin robbing bastards
£2 is taking the piss mate
IBAS aren’t actually in bed with the bookies although they are funded by them which isn’t ideal. IBAS will only come to a decision based on the individual bookmakers rules. To be fair to them, when results are changed some time after a result or the weigh in the bookies would have already paid out on the original result and it wouldn’t be fair for them to have to pay out twice on someone else’s mistake. However in this case you had an anytime goal scorer which they wouldn’t have paid out twice on as you can’t have an anytime own goalscorer in a bet builder. As Peckham said, it’s worth a try either going on social media or making one call to IBAS on 020 7347 5883
They forced the bookies to pay out around half a million pound last year so give it a go

£2 is taking the piss mate
IBAS aren’t actually in bed with the bookies although they are funded by them which isn’t ideal. IBAS will only come to a decision based on the individual bookmakers rules. To be fair to them, when results are changed some time after a result or the weigh in the bookies would have already paid out on the original result and it wouldn’t be fair for them to have to pay out twice on someone else’s mistake. However in this case you had an anytime goal scorer which they wouldn’t have paid out twice on as you can’t have an anytime own goalscorer in a bet builder. As Peckham said, it’s worth a try either going on social media or making one call to IBAS on 020 7347 5883
They forced the bookies to pay out around half a million pound last year so give it a go
Cheers OAG,
I replied to their E email informing them that I wasn’t going to accept their decision and intended to take the matter to IBAS if they don’t reverse the result and pay out.
I believe I have to give them the chance to amend their decision before taking it further.
I will wait for a reply.
More a matter of principle than the dosh , I often do these silly bets for a couple of quid just to build up the odds on our games , never take em to seriously.
Stil better to have a bullseye in my account than theirs tho. Thanks for the phone number.

Cheers OAG,
I replied to their E email informing them that I wasn’t going to accept their decision and intended to take the matter to IBAS if they don’t reverse the result and pay out.
I believe I have to give them the chance to amend their decision before taking it further.
I will wait for a reply.
More a matter of principle than the dosh , I often do these silly bets for a couple of quid just to build up the odds on our games , never take em to seriously.
Stil better to have a bullseye in my account than theirs tho. Thanks for the phone number.
Here’s the process you have to go through mate

Another useless bit of information but Flemmings “goal” has now given Malone his fourth assist of the season (albeit probably all from corners)
I'm fairly sure there's one that isn't. shame he weren't allowed set pieces when he resigned cause we'd have probably scored more goals. Before him Williams and Ferguson we're superb freekick and corner takers but rarely got the chance, daft and costly in the long run.