Flemming’s “Goal”

onlyagame

Sorry if this has already been covered & I know Unit4 mentioned it in Silvers “Just Back” but I’ve watched it several times and it simply wasn’t an own goal. First of all his header was on target and secondly their keeper knocked it onto the (mostly) inside of post and the trajectory of the ball was still going forward and would have crossed the line if it hadn’t hit the keepers head and bounced in off the post again. Definite goal to Flemming in my book and another assist by the corner taker Malone. Can we appeal?

Sorry if this has already been covered & I know Unit4 mentioned it in Silvers “Just Back” but I’ve watched it several times and it simply wasn’t an own goal. First of all his header was on target and secondly their keeper knocked it onto the (mostly) inside of post and the trajectory of the ball was still going forward and would have crossed the line if it hadn’t hit the keepers head and bounced in off the post again. Definite goal to Flemming in my book and another assist by the corner taker Malone. Can we appeal?
Agree 100% OAG 👍 They say it hit his head (keeper) off the post and went in, so technically an OG. 🤷‍♂️

Having OG as our joint top scorer along with a Centre Back is a blessing in disguise. Our management team surely cannot fail to see the area we need to spend most of our time working on.

When they showed The Goal decision system, it stopped only once to show the ball over the line, usually when there is a question if it crossed the line from an attempt or off the keeper it stops twice to show it hadn't crossed the line first time and then moves on and shows when it did cross the line.

Isn't there a panel which meets to decide upon these type of goals?

The trouble is that he’s probably on a bonus for scoring (I know a West Brom player that get £4,500 a goal) In that case the club won’t bother appealing
Did a bit of digging on the web but am still not that much the wiser. The 'EFL Dubious Goals' committee meets sporadically to decide about contested goals. It's not clear - to me at least -who can refer matters to this committee (club? ref? player? fans? - sorry, silly me). In any event, the next meeting might not be held for a couple of months, so Zian might have to wait until November to be officially awarded the goal (if that's the decision). In the meantime, I assume that it will be recorded as an og?

Feel sorry for Flemming he’s been a right unlucky cunt so far, he’s hit the posts, the bar, curled a few decent shots just wide and drew a couple of decent saves from free kicks. Now he has scored a perfectly legit goal and some idiot has put it down to an OG.

The good news is that he’s looking better every game and I’m sure it won’t be long before he’s off the mark properly, I get the feeling he going to score an absolute banger soon.

Much bettter corners since Malone has started taking them, varied and manage to clear the near post.
funny you say that bloke along where i sit was saying exact same thing( his got his full coaching badges his told us a number of times i have to mention Ha)
Only problem like you and a few others say from time to time on here some like him think we are going to play like Barcelona when they turn up to watch !
For me obviously coaching can help but not always turn you into a world beater

Must admit the one things that does irritate me from time to time when i watch professional football is when a corner does not beat the first man

Last edited:
Must admit the one things that does irritate me from time to time when i watch professional football is when a corner does not beat the first man
Likewise, basic stuff for a pro. Thankfully ,the main culprit has fucked off. I did joke with my mate sat next to me at our first home when we got afree kick- was expecting you know who to land on the pitch in a helicopter to take it , fuck it up and fuck off again :grinning:

Thought it was his goal all along. Appealing to the authorities ?You would stand more chance of getting Crippin a Royal Pardon.