Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

There’s been a right old ding dong over on Into the Valium, involving our very own Tyler Burey!

I’m posting it simply for one classic line which I will highlight in bold!

So grab your popcorn and let’s go!

WorkingLikeAnts kicked it off with:

“We are being linked with Millwall reserve kid striker Tyler Burey on loan.

Source - Scouting for Goals Twitter.

Desperate stuff if true.”

weststandfruitloop was having none of it:

”The exact opposite of desperate.

Burey is a winger rather than a striker and we need at least one more winger in the squad for Garner's 433 system.

He scored 3 in 7 games on a short term loan to Hartlepool earlier this year. Yes that's a struggling L2 side BUT he was voted Championship Millwall's Young Player Of The Year for the season just finished, and (being born just a week into 2001) won't be counted for the salary cap.

I assume he's being looked at as loan but he's the exact sort of player who (under a decent owner) we should be trying to find transfer fee money to sign on a permanent.

Signing the Young Player Of The Year from a Championship side who are our closest club geographically (preferably on a perm or with an option to buy) would be a brilliant bit of business surely? People being negative about this will be negative about literally anything.

I'd way prefer Burey to say McKirdy as our final first team winger personally. What am I missing that people are against the idea? Unless it's bedwetting crybabies who were bullied in primary school by Millwall fans and thus hate the idea of signing anyone from 'that lot'.”

WLA replied:

”Hartlepool….

You can’t polish a turd.

If we are going to quote stats, let’s not be selective so as to support the owner.

The lad has played 39 first class games, and scored 5 goals to date.

Getting a loan from Millwall wouldn’t be the main concern, although Gary Rowett is no mug and I’d trust his judgement on a player’s readiness ahead of Martin Sandgaard’s.”

weststandfruitloop was apoplectic with rage at this:

”OMG you are literally 12 years old. What part of signing the Young Player Of The Year from a neighbouring club who are in the division above us (and who wouldn't count towards squad numbers) would be a negative?

Burey would be hands down our signing of the summer. If you expect better you need to either (a) buy the club from skinflint Sandgaard and invest your or others' millions, or (b) accept that your expectations are over optimistic and/or talk to your doctor about managing clinical depression.

Pretty much every club in the Championship would want Burey in their squad, getting him would be a real coup. If you expect us to sign better you're genuinely smoking crack pal. I hate Sandgaard as much as anyone but Salah ain't coming to League 1 Charlton no matter who owns us you total codpiece.”

Very calmly, WLA replied:

”He’s 21 years old & he’s played fewer than 50 pro games. Those he has played have featured Hartlepool & Wimbledon. I know standards & demands are low amongst some fans, but get a sense of perspective.

I’m all in favour of discussing the strengths of our near neighbours from SE8. They are a smaller club than us, but superbly run.

Who would you rather have ?

John Berylson, Steve Kavanagh & Gary Rowett

Or

Tommy Tight Trousers, his wife & his son ?”

weststandfruitloop came back, more calmly:

”OK maybe you don't get my point. If we genuinely did sign Burey it would be amazing - I don't expect us to because Sandgaard is a skinflint.

If we did it would be amazing and (as a League One club) would be the BEST sort of signing we could hope for NO MATTER WHO OWNS US.

We could be bought by Bill Gates tomorrow but unless he wants to bankrupt the club [which will be the ultimate result of the Hollywood Wrexham experiment for example, albeit a few years down the line when the dudes lose interest] then as a L1 club we can only really pay L1 wages.

So who we can sign is far more based on the division we're in than the obvious skintness of our egomaniacal idiot owner.

I would genuinely piss my pants if we signed Burey.

If you think we could do better who do YOU think we should be signing? (PS I will use your answer to calculate exactly how much crack you have smoked this evening.)”

WLA (now almost pally) replied:

”Fair question, and I’ll give you an honest answer.

I posted 6 months ago that we should sign Ladapo, and he went to Ipswich. Given the huge sell on fee TS received for Nick Pope, if we was serious about promotion he’d make Morecambe an offer for Cole Stockton.

Waiting until the end of August to get us a raw PL kid on loan like Nile John is absolutely pathetic, and I can’t believe any Charlton fan would think it acceptable.”

That was 11 hours ago, so there may be more, but obviously it was the line, “They are a smaller club than us,” that prompted me to put this whole exchange on here!

WTF are they trying to still hold onto here? Their FA Cup win? Spending a few more years in the PL/old First Division than we did? Absolutely pathetic!

They can’t even use the old, “we’ve always had bigger gates than you,” argument, because both clubs have been in different divisions for so many decades now!

This exchange has highlighted one of the main differences between the two clubs! A spotter calls another spotter a ‘total codpiece,’ whereas we would call one of us a total cunt! 🤣
I actually like weststandfruitloop. His comments made me laugh. Best he leave those mugs and come and see a proper (smaller club) team at the Den.

Yesterday’s defeat away to Sheffield Wednesday has got the Danish Dave haters out in force last night!

Here‘s a little something from reamsofverse, over on Into the Valium, regarding ways Dave has for pulling in the punters at their home game this coming Tuesday:

”Not sure how many of you were tuned into Charton TV post match today but Sandgaard was being filmed in the middle of the pitch with his tight fitted Charlton shirt on excitedly telling us all that during the interval on Tuesday night, a Charlton player who is not in the squad will take to the pitch and try and hit the crossbar from the halfway line. If he succeeds, everyone present will get a free beer at the Cambridge game!!

Offering a free drink to get people through the turnstiles is just smacks desperation.”

Oh, how the mighty have fallen! 🤣

Reactions: SEL
Yesterday’s defeat away to Sheffield Wednesday has got the Danish Dave haters out in force last night!

Here‘s a little something from reamsofverse, over on Into the Valium, regarding ways Dave has for pulling in the punters at their home game this coming Tuesday:

”Not sure how many of you were tuned into Charton TV post match today but Sandgaard was being filmed in the middle of the pitch with his tight fitted Charlton shirt on excitedly telling us all that during the interval on Tuesday night, a Charlton player who is not in the squad will take to the pitch and try and hit the crossbar from the halfway line. If he succeeds, everyone present will get a free beer at the Cambridge game!!

Offering a free drink to get people through the turnstiles is just smacks desperation.”

Oh, how the mighty have fallen! 🤣
Dont be silly..you need to be mighty in the first place😂

I see their future has just started to take shape

It will lead to a groundshare when the Belgian sells the ground for development and Charlton will be able to pick off any decent Welling players for their first season in the conference.

Had a beer with some mates last night, one of whom supports Charlton. He said he fucking hates the club owner as do most but on another note, he rdcons we are bang on for promotion 👏, he secretly admires us and what we stand for and he's had a flutter on us.
They ain't all bad and he's a really top bloke to boot. ( not literally) 😅😅

Had a beer with some mates last night, one of whom supports Charlton. He said he fucking hates the club owner as do most but on another note, he rdcons we are bang on for promotion 👏, he secretly admires us and what we stand for and he's had a flutter on us.
They ain't all bad and he's a really top bloke to boot. ( not literally) 😅😅
In general they’re less cuntish and cringey than your average palace fan. They do still harbour delusions of grandeur though. They genuinely think they’re a big club and that they shouldn’t be playing at that level

In general they’re less cuntish and cringey than your average palace fan. They do still harbour delusions of grandeur though. They genuinely think they’re a big club and that they shouldn’t be playing at that level
Nearly all the others follow Palace, they get on my fucking tits,they really think they are Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Every club that's played in the prem for the last 20 years thinkmthey deserve to still be there, look at Coventry moaning about us beating them o 9ne like to lose but when they lose to us it's like the end of the world for them to lose to little old millwall, I love it !
No one like to lose against us ,we are just a little old London team who could not care a f**k about reputations on or off the pitch ..long my it continue

No one like to lose against us ,we are just a little old London team who could not care a f**k about reputations on or off the pitch ..long my it continue
This is it. They call us small, like we give a shit. We actually revel in the fact that we’re a small club who punches above our weight.

The irony is, they’re as small as us now. And when they was classed as ‘big’ ish it was only because of all the plastics they bussed in, who only really came along because it meant they could watch cheap PL football live. They was only ever really interested in the opposition.

Their have been some genuinely big clubs relegated to the third tier over the years. The likes of Sunderland, Ipswich, Derby, etc. all of which carry on getting 25/30k plus attendances despite playing in L1. Charlton have to artificially inflate their attendances to make it look like they’ve still got a few turning up, but if you look at the ground it’s barely a third full each game. Last week in the league cup v QPR there was more QPR fans there than charlton fans.

Big club my arse. No bigger than little old Smallwall these days.

They’ve currently got a thread on No Life, asking what’s your favourite prehistoric animal.
Grown men on there discussing what their favourite dinosaur is 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sabre tooth here- looks a bit like Vog

Last edited: